Ugh, new neighbors....(mostly a whine).

We've lived in our apartment for about 5 years...we've seen quite a few people come and go!
We got these new neighbors a couple of weeks ago. It was a couple, and two young boys. Well, since then, this 'family' has expanded to about 4 adults and at least 6 young boys (whom they have let run RAMPANT)! I saw them moving in more mattresses last night...feel like crying.
I'm sure they are probably immigrants and violating their lease by having so many people in the house, but I don't want to report them for that...if they keep letting their kids be hooligans around here, though, I'll definitely formally complain about that.

What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Home & Garden

• File a complaint?
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:03 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Call CPS and complain to the managment.

Answer by louise2 at 8:19 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Complain to managment. They will continue to violate their lease and make your nice happy apartment complex miserable unless you compain now.
    Anonymous

• I have always rented and never minded putting in a complaint, by being ANON. Then act like I never did anything wrong. Although there was this one time I complained about 2 twin 7 yr old boys and the next day found a wet/dirty diaper ripped apart in front of my door ...figured it was the kids, only they would have known it was themselves being little trouble makers, why would the parents know it was me? and why would they care to rip a smelly diaper up on my doorstep? All the parents knew was somebody complained and there wasn't a name given to management.
    Actually if you suspect illegal activity call the FBI they will keep you ANON.
    Anonymous

• I don't want their lives ripped apart. I just want them to CONTROL THEIR KIDS!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I have no problem reporting things. The guy down the street from me had 2 tacky mattresses at the end of his driveway for 3 frigging months. I finally jokingly asked him what was up with them and he said he kept forgetting to move them. I thought he would get the hint but didn't. Finally my Husband got fed up and called codes, turns out somebody else had called that day also complaining. I never mentioned it, he said he was pretty sure it was his next door neighbor who had called because they had gotten into a fight the day before that (talk about good timing!).
    Anonymous

• I would contact management. They are violating their lease. Wither or not you want to disrupt their family or not, they are causing more harm than good by having all those ppl in one apt.
    My dh is a manager for a 100 unit apt. complex and has to deal with this all the time and believe me he doesn't not mind those types of phones... there are safety codes, housing codes etc... that apply to situations like these.
    So call and file a complaint.
    Good Luck...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 12:39 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• You don't want to disrupt the family's lives but it is okay for them to disrupt yours? And to add salt to the wound, they're doing it illegally and you are still okay with that? Those people obviously don't give a crap about whose lives they are disrupting, what laws they are breaking or what trouble they could cause for others, but you are still concerned with their well-being? While I think you are a very nice person, I also think you need to rethink your priorities.

The children are wild & are disturbing your peace....They are breaking codes that your building mgmnt will have to pay the fines for if they're caught, which means your rent may go up to cover those costs....And once they realize the other tenants are willing to look the other way, you can be sure they'll be letting other families know so they can move there, too.....

Yup, not disrupting their lives is a grand idea. So when are you moving?
    Anonymous

• Report them to management!
    Anonymous

• Complain complain complain, bitch about it to the manager if you have to, don't let them get away with it or they'll keep doing it and the peace will go to hell. Seriously, complain about it, I had neighbors like that once and tried to be nice, ended up calling the cops on them once a week after the kids tried to break into my house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:47 AM on Mar. 23, 2010