Smelly Breastmilk???

What does your breastmilk smell like? I noticed today when feeding my baby that my milk has a weird smell to it, kind of a nasty smell. Is this normal???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:14 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in General Parenting

• For whatever weird reason, mine kind of smelled like B.O. when my milk came in. It went away, tho & now it doesn't really smell much like anything.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 8:23 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• wow ok i was gonna put that mine smelt like bo but thought it was nasty.....OP
    Anonymous

• Ha, alright - I guess maybe it's normal, then? Did you just start nursing?
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 8:28 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Did you eat anything really strong like garlic or onions or something spicy? Sometimes if I eat onions or garlic my breastmilk smells really strong and they say the taste of can be too.
    Chas21

Answer by Chas21 at 9:02 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I have been bf ing for 10 days and haven't eaten anything spicy or strong. just noticed it today and thought it was nasty. OP
    Anonymous