4 months of BFing

Is BFing the first 4 months good? I dried up but want to know how good those 4 months did for my DD...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:20 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think any amount is good for your baby. You did your best, and those 4 months were important for her immune system.
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 8:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• any amount is good
    the first 6months of BF helps mostly with immunity
    the second 6 months and beyond helps with intelligence

so you boosted your babies immunity
    Anonymous

• It's great! If you want to continue, you might be able to. Why do you say you've dried up? I only ask because many women think they have, when they really haven't. If you'd like to continue nursing, and would like the info, just ask :)
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Anything is better then nothing, but I doubt you just dried up at 4 months unless you stopped nursing awhile ago. Why do you think you dried up? I personally know one woman who decided at 3 months old to relactate and successfully nursed her child until he was 18 months old after that. It took her 6 weeks to completely get rid of the formula, but she did.
    Anonymous

• Any amount of breastmilk is better than none.

But as the others said, how do you know you've dried up? Are you on medication? Was your baby not producing enough wet diapers?
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2010