Any ideas on how to fall asleep?

I am currently pregnant and my big uncomfortable belly wont let me sleep... I am so tired that my head hurts but everytime I lay down and try to sleep I cant, I am so uncomfortable its crazy, I can never find a good possition, before I was pregnant the best way for me to sleep is flat on my belly, but that aint happening right now. I am also always so hot, I have no heat on and I try taking cold baths but it dont help... any ideas? I need to sleep, it feels like Im going crazy...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• when i was pregnant i had to put a pillow under my belly between my legs and 2 under my head and i had to sleep with no covers when i was hot u can try that and see if it works also i just slept in panties sometimes i wore a t shirt
    momof4onesApup

Answer by momof4onesApup at 8:28 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I did same as answer above plus I added a fan on me. (My husband had two comforters on!)

Also my doctor let me take tylenol PM. I didn't take it all the time, but when I was desperate for sleep I would pop one and get at least 6 hours, or until I had to pee, of course.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 8:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Do you have a recliner? Sometimes bed is the wrong place for sleeping.

Will DH/ SO allow you to use him as a prop? I make DH submit to some very strange positions that help me get to sleep.

If you have a rubber water bottle, fill it with ice and water and take it to bed with you. That will keep you cool.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 8:42 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• The last couple weeks of my 4th pregnancy I ended up sleeping half sitting up on the couch because it was the only place I could get comfortable. Right now I'm 23 weeks into my 5th pregnancy and sleep with a body pillow which helps a lot.

Answer by missanc at 9:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• You didn't mention how far along you are, so I'm not sure if it would be worth the money but when I was PG I bought a pregnancy pillow from Walmart. I was about 25 weeks when I couldn't sleep and it was the best thing I bought for myself while I was PG. Just google pregnancy pillow and see what you think. They look funky, but are really compfy!!
    Kaydens_mommy06

Answer by Kaydens_mommy06 at 10:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Body Pillow! It was as big as having another person in bed, and my husband jokingly complained about it, but it was the best thing I did for myself. A pillow behind the back helped too.
    mandelion8

Answer by mandelion8 at 12:16 AM on Mar. 22, 2010