Is it ok to sell a car seat at a garage sale?

I am trying to see, I have two car seats for children infant to 30lbs and I am trying to see if it is ok to sell them at a garage sale. Also can anyone tell me if there is anything I should know that rules or laws. One is an Eddie Baur 4 yrs old and the other is a Graco also 4 yrs old. I was thinking if it is ok to sell them I would tag them for 20 and go as low as 15 or 10.

mommy2each

Asked by mommy2each at 8:29 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• They are almost expried, I wouldnt buy them ..
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• As long as you let the buyers know the history and expiration on them I don't see a problem.
    Anonymous

• As long as you inform the buyer of when they expire and you yourself know they have never been in a crash I don't see a problem.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 8:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I would not put that high of a price tag since they are about to expire but I wouldn't think selling them is bad as long as they know that they are about to expire.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 8:40 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• And don't worry, it is not illegal to sell used car seats. But I agree with Tf1990, that price is to high.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 8:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Its not illegal but anyone who buys it is an IDIOT
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Ok I was I understand and this is exactly what I wanted to know, do you think it would just be better to take them to the city mission and tell them that they are about to expire so if anyone that can't afford one but needs on now could have it?
    mommy2each

Answer by mommy2each at 8:55 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I would put them as free on craigslist or something the missions get tons of stuff and they might just throw them out since they are close to expiring.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 8:58 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• If they have never been in a car accident, they should be fine to sell.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Personally I would NEVER buy a used car seat because anyone can say they have never been in an accident. A friend tried to sell hers that were in an accident and replaced by the insurance company and she told the people they were not in an accident because it was just a little fender bender at less then 10 mphs was her rationale. It is not illegal, but again I would NEVER buy one that way.
    Anonymous