Lactation after not breastfeeding for 10 months..

I haven't breastfed my dd since she was almost 5 months. She is 14 months now and out of nowhere I started lactating. I took the morning after pill a few weeks ago so maybe it is linked to that. Anyone have any ideas??!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Health

• Maybe you are pregnant? Take a test and see I started lactating as soon as I got pregnant with DD 2 and
    Anonymous

• It takes a long time for milk to dry up. It was never designed to stop suddenly, it was designed to slowly wean off over YEARS (most cultures breastfeed til around 5 years old). I woudln't freak out unless it was weird colors (like green or black, yellowish is fine).
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I haven't stopped lactating since I got pregnant with my first. And I've had fairly long periods not breastfeeding in between. Our breasts were designed for full term nursing, so around 5 years ish.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:45 AM on Mar. 22, 2010