Even if the house passes it will it survive?

“Republicans have been trying to set up a meeting with Senate Democrats since yesterday to discuss this fatal point of order but have been met with nothing but silence. We suspect Democrats are slow walking us so as to have the House vote first. Since Senate Democrats refuse to meet with us and the Parliamentarian, we’ve informed our colleagues in the House that we believe the bill they’re now considering violates the clear language of Section 310g of the Congressional Budget Act, and the entire reconciliation bill is subject to a point of order and rejection in the Senate should it pass the House."
http://republican.senate.gov/public/index.cfm?FuseAction=Blogs.View&Blog_Id=6b53ad02-2d4b-4134-a08d-7c439defd83b

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 8:40 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I see it being constitutionally challenged.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 8:44 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• If the health care bill passes the House, it then must go to the Senate. But I agree with Crissy...I think we're looking at lawsuit for it being unconstitutional....we'll all have to wait and see.
    BobbieB

Answer by BobbieB at 8:48 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• There are already states that have declared to sue... I think it might get stopped in the senate over a point of order though.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 8:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I hope and pray it gets constitutionally challenged.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I truly hope they stop this bill. It will change the way we all live and not in a good way. I too hope it gets challenged.
    Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 9:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I hope so, too. It will do nothing good for this country.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 9:15 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• THIS bill goes straight to the president. Once signed it goes into affect. There is a SECOND bill of amendments to THIS bill that the house is ALSO voting on. THAT bill has to go to the senate for approval. BUT the big bad UGLY one...the only hope of turning IT around is it being deemed unconstitutional.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:16 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I'm just praying that by some miracle, something will happen and it will get shot down somehow. This is a nightmare!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• im all for affordable healthcare for everyone but i dont agree with this bill, i think its outragious and think it will screw more people then its helping and dont think it will last very long
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:43 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I also worry that this bill is about to pass. I have C-SPAN on right now and I'm pretty sure the bill is about to get the vote it needs. Charity should start with our individual communities and families. This isn't a StarTrek world, and frankly I don't want it to be. I prefer freedom and liberty and the right to make my own choices.

This bill is just another way of redistributing my money, through taxes, to people who haven't worked as hard as I, or who just haven't been as lucky as I.

I'm sorry that not everyone IS lucky, but this is like asking doctors to provide their services for less than they're worth, just because it's not fair that not everyone isn't able to afford their services. Would we ask welders, accountants, or waiters to do the same? No, we would not. The world is not a fair world, and it would be nice if it were, but this level of charity is outrageous.
    TeresciaMomOf2

Answer by TeresciaMomOf2 at 10:09 PM on Mar. 21, 2010