AMWAY

I'm not sure what they're called now but my friend started selling.
1. Do you recommend buying from them
2. What have you bought and liked from them
3. Did you even know they were still around

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• omg! no! amway is actually now quixtar, they had to change their name because of so many legal issues! they are a MAJOR multi-level marketing! most reps have to keep an inventory and have to put all of their money they warn back into the inventory.
    Des10ed2b

Answer by Des10ed2b at 2:15 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• OMG amway is the BIGGEST pyramid scheme rip off
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I agree with sati. My sister in law is doing amway. She keeps buying us the "Ribbon gift cards" where you get to pick your own gift. She buys the $40-50 cards and both times we ordered our gift it was crap. I mean like what you could buy from the dollar store. So when she was in town last she gave us a catalog, I looked in it for baby items. Diapers were twice what we would pay for diapers, the baby wash was $4-5 bottle, when I normally spend $1-2. And that was not counting shipping costs. If I had extra money I would buy from her to help her business grow, but the fact is we don't have any extra money for things like that.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• My friend is selling it and everything is expensive. I don't know what I'll buy from her to help out. She gave me a jewelry, vitamins, and makeup catalog but I don't need anything from them nor did I see anything that looked like a good deal. I may see if they sell laundry products.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:12 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• AMWAY is not a good thing. They'e an MLM! I've heard that they made up lies about other companies to get people to buy their products. I do not recommend it.
    Anonymous

• txdaniella: They do sell laundry products

op: A friends mom only bought the amway laundry soap and it worked great. It got out stains that had been in some of my stuff for years. The only stain it didn't get completely out was a poop stain on the outfit I wore home from the hospital when I was a baby. The stain was almost 9 years old and it was horrible and now it's almost gone. Too bad I couldn't get it out completely. All my kids have worn the outfit too.

JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 9:31 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• rip off!
    mommy2ys

Answer by mommy2ys at 9:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Amway is an MLM but they are not a pyramid scheme or a scam. Their distributors may not be the best representatives out there but they have been in business for a long time. They are the pioneers of network marketing and have 3.5 milliion distributors. Must be doing something right. They have also been investigated by the FTC and were determined to be a legit company. Please know the facts before you speak. I am not an Amway rep and never have been.
    Anonymous

• What is an MLM?
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:27 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• thanks everyone.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:38 PM on Mar. 31, 2010