What are some quick and easy ways to generate leads for a home business?

I have a home business. I know it not only can work but does. I see lots of my team mates succeeding at it and earning great incomes. But I don't have the money to put in to expensive leads or lead generators, or the time to place thousands of ads a week...

I have 2 small kids and I'm the only one who can care for them all day while their dad is at work - and he has the car all day too. I live in a very small town & there is really no place to leave flyers. I also work part time at a dept. store...

I really believe in this company and what I do. I know I can do this, but I'm looking for a better way to generate leads...

Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• It would help if you let us know what business it is....It's hard to find the market without that.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 8:57 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• What kind of networking are you doing? Depending on your business, get involved with local Chambers of Commerce, the PTA, the local chapter of the National Association of Women Business Owners, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:15 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I'm with Ameriplan. I looked in to the Chamber of Commerce and they said they don't accept home businesses... And my kids aren't old enough for school, so the PTA is out... There is nothing like that local... Besides. I can't really leave my house much. It's a mile walk and my kids are so little...
    Anonymous

• there is http://www.mamapedia.com/ i have a listing on there too..but im not with ameriplan... put it under health and insurance or medical benefits. there are many mom forums online too..google free advertising.. or if you want recruits do free business listings.. oh and http://www.mommyandme.com/ or even parents.com or pampers.com under the forums..
    mommy2ys

Answer by mommy2ys at 9:52 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Wow. I think taking out ads in the news paper and nickle ads might help. But, what a time to get into health insurance!
    Anonymous

• Scentsy is a great business! You can be a stay at home mom, and still make great money! And have so much fun doing it! Only $99 to sign up, and with that $99 you will receive everything you need to have a home party! Scentsy is a wickless, sootless, flameless candle! ABSOLUTLY safe for children and pets! The warmer is heated with a lighbulb (either 15, 20 or 25 watts) and makes a great nighlight! This company started in 2004 and is growing rapidly! There are currently 58,000 active Scentsy consultants in the US and Canada, that is very small amount compared to the 2.5 million Mary Kay consultants just in the US! You don't even have to do home parties, you can do basket parties (basically a book party)! Or on your personal Scentsy website, receive individual orders! People who host parties (home or basket parties) will receive free and half price items for their party that earns $150.00 or more, and none of that is taken from
    yelyahrose

Answer by yelyahrose at 12:25 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• your earnings! Independant Scentsy Consultants receive 20-25% of their own earnings, and a percentage of those who are under them! What a great time to sign up and be at the top of the pyramid! If this is something you would like to join, visit my website to join my team! hayleyjackson.scentsy.us if you have questions, feel free to email me! yelyahrose@hotmail.com
    I have made back my $99 within the first month!! This product sells itself!! At my parties I only talk about 3 minutes, then women talk and smell all the 80+ wonderful scents!!!
    yelyahrose

Answer by yelyahrose at 12:26 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

•  I am with Ameriplan. I have 2 children both under 2yrs. So it CAN be done, don't let that be an excuse.(don't take that the wrong way).
    You have to decide if you really want this. For me my children are my WHY so everytime I look at them and my hubby leaving for work everyday I KNOW I WILL do whatever it takes :-).
    I stay up later & wake up earlier because they are worth it. IN the begining when you don't have $ to put into your business you  have to do those things you said you didn't want to. Do the free classifieds, social sites, free leads. It is going to seem very repetitive but it does work and pay off. I am an RSD and I have not paid for anything, I got here by those methods I just mentioned.

Good Luck girl and let me know if you have any other questions :-)
    "Proud Ameriplan Mommy"

ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 10:46 AM on Mar. 22, 2010