Have you seen these old photographs? Civil war. Very sad part of our history.

http://www.mikelynaugh.com/VirtualCivilWar/New/Originals2/index.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I agree, awesome pictures, and an important part of American history that should not be forgotten.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 11:06 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• sad or not still amazing photos
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:20 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Yes it was. So many men and young boys died on BOTH sides :(
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:21 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I love studying the civil war. At least back then people had a passion for their country. It's amazing to me how the boys and men wanted to go. They knew they could get hurt or killed. And all this before pain killers. We had two boys in our family history that kept running off to join the war only to be returned home because they were too young. Men with a sense of duty are hard to find these days. Thanks for sharing the pics.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Those are amazing pics. I thought the worst were the dead men, but then I saw the last photo, of the "fortunate" soldier that survived the prison camp. Apparently the dead were lucky by comparison, but still...the entire thing is such a tragedy. All wars are.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:30 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Yes very sad photos, the hanging of the Lincoln assassination conspirators photo is an amazing photo. I didn't even know one existed.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 9:36 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Awesome photos. I have seen some of them on history channel. Thanks for sharing.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:18 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Beautiful photos. Sad story. My husband loves anything related to the Civil War - and if he weren't sawing logs on the bed next to me, I'd share them with him. He'd enjoy them.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:20 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• NO they didn't want to go. They had to go or be shot, their farms taken and families starve without the income. Quit glorifying a war. It was like every other war. They had to do it or lose everything they had.
    Anonymous