hip out of place?

Can being pregnant and the baby being awkward knock your hip outta place? If so what does it feel like. Mine is killing me, and I can't get up off the floor or out of bed, and when i finally do i can barely walk. I can't really maneuver well when i'm laying or sitting either....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I went through that with my first pregnancy. The pain was horrible. The baby doesn't knock your hip out. What happens is your body is preparing for labor. The pregnancy hormones cause your ligaments to soften in order to allow your hips to separate. Your hips don't suddenly separate at birth, instead they slowly separate throughout the pregnancy. Your hip isn't really out of socket, but that is certainly what it feels like. For me getting off of the toilet and putting on my underwear were the two most painful tasks. Be sure to keep your legs together as much as possible. Separating your legs, like lifting one to put your leg in your pants, makes the pain worse. Keep you legs together and swing them to the side to get out of bed. Sit down when putting on pants and shoes.

I was on crutches the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy, which helped a lot. The pain will be completely gone after you deliver.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 9:44 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• hip pain is common. I have horrible siatic pain while pregnant. infact my right leg will give out on me often. Cat and cow yoga poses help a bit, so does sitting on an exercise ball. try sleeping on your left sid with pellows between yoru legs from hip to ankles. Warm packs on your hip can help too. I was told to ice the siatic nerve to reduce swelling, but this just made my leg cramnp, but perhaps it would offer you some releif.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 9:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• when I was 5 months along with my son I was coming back inside to work and my right leg cramped on me and I fell down and I landed on my right hip and fractured my hip and I thought I fell on my stomach and my co-worker at the time helped me up and as he was helping me up I fell down again when your hip starts to hurt lie down on your bed and put a heating pad on the hip that hurts
    hunnybunny198

Answer by hunnybunny198 at 10:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Of you feel that your hip replacement is out of place, you should have it checked by a doctor because it might just be it. The popping sound is indicative of loosening of the implants. The loosening usually happens because of the wear and tear of the implants.

CatRus09

Answer by CatRus09 at 1:47 PM on Mar. 2, 2012

• I thought that it just me that experienced this kind of pain. One time when i was on a bus, i was about to get out when suddenly i felt a kick on my hip which caused me to sit by the sidewalk for a couple of minutes because it was so painful. However, i did ask my doctor about it and told me it was normal but with your case, just make sure that your fine by just going to your doctor. DePuy

pinnaclelawsuit

Answer by pinnaclelawsuit at 10:29 AM on Mar. 16, 2012