Christian sisters would you please help?

I have been smoking cigarettes for about 10 years now and I need to quit for my family and for my health but above all I need to for God. The addiction is really bad I am an angry mean insensative person when I need one to my DH and kids and I can't be that way. Can you please give me some Bible verses that can help give me strength I am quitting cold turkey and I just need some support. Please give me some suggestions on ways to help me through my cravings and nicotine fits. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Why cold turkey? Can't you use the patch or something to help?
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 9:44 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• ‘Do not fear, for I am with you; do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’ Isaiah 41:10

Best of luck you to you! You are doing a great thing!
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 9:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I am a christian too and used to smoke. i dont want my kids smelling it on me because they know (they're 4 & 5) that is it bad for me.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Rest in Him, when you find that place of rest in the Father's heart you will find the need and desires being changed for His glory.
    Here read this ! You can go to biblegateway.com to read entire passage.
    Psalm 91

1He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High
    Will abide in the shadow of the Almighty.
    2I will say to the LORD, "My refuge and my fortress,
    My God, in whom I trust!"
    3For it is He who delivers you from the snare of the trapper
    And from the deadly pestilence.
    4He will cover you with His pinions,
    And under His wings you may seek refuge;
    His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• phil 4:13 "I can do anything through Him who gives me strength"
    What is impossible with men is possible with God" Luke 18:27
    "With God nothing is impossible"
    Remember that y574ou in your own strength cannot do the impossible, but that if you lean on God and His strength that God, who created you, can heal you and bring you out of bondage.
    Galations 5:1 "it is for freedome that Christ has set you free. Stand firm then and do not be burdened again by the yoke of slavery"
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 9:55 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• These are not only verses of hope, or peace but of action! I use them as a reminder of that I have a part in my freedom from all forms of fleshly bondage:

Romans 13:14--"But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to fulfil the lusts thereof." (don't buy cigarettes or keep them around the house)

James 4:7--"Resist the devil and he will flee from you." (resist the urge, it will get easier)

2 Corinthians 10:3-5--"For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh. 4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds, 5 casting down arguments and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of God, bringing every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ." (pray, resist, and then go do something else)

cont.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 10:17 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I prayed to Yahweh to make me sick by the smell of them and it works to this day and has been four years now. Yahweh bless.
    Daphna28

Answer by Daphna28 at 10:17 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• 1 Corinthians 10:13--" No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it" (God has surely provided away to escape the temptation, but sometimes we have to look for it! Pray,resist, and then go do something else!)

Hebrews 12:4--"You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin." (Try harder, you can do it! All of Heaven is cheering you on! Pray, resist, do something else! )

I am a recovered (I claim victory!) alcoholic...almost 10 years! You can do it, and He will reward your efforts. Seek support near you if you can or find a group online. Support is very important in getting and staying free!

Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 10:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Lots and lots of prayer, boiled peanuts, and support from my hubby and daughter. I have been a non smoker for almost 18 mos. now. I smoked for 24 yrs. Good Luck & God Bless!

I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me. ~Phillippians 4:13
    Loryl

Answer by Loryl at 10:39 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I'm sure about bible scriptures off hand, but I've been crocheting It keeps my hands busy which is the biggest part of the addiction. If stress comes in though watch out. I was doing good until it came time for bills and there wasn't enough money. Good luck and god bless. Keep those hands busy.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:39 PM on Mar. 21, 2010