"Uterine bleed" during second trimester of pregnancy?

I have a bleed that doesn't seem to be effecting my pregnancy, but they said it might still cause me to lose the baby. It's not under or near the placenta, although they can see blood seeping underneath the edge of placenta now. They said it's not a tear or due to scar tissue (I have had three previous c-sections) that it's just a bleed and they don't know what caused it. The baby seems fine for now though. It is right on track for growth according to my dates and the heartbeat is a steady 160 now.
Has anyone had this? What happened? I can't find anything about this online anywhere.. it is all about ectopic pregnancy and placental abruption.

Nixshix

Asked by Nixshix at 10:05 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• by the way, I am 14 weeks 4 days pregnant.
    Nixshix

Answer by Nixshix at 10:06 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I bleed a few different time throughout my pregnancy. The doctors seemed to be unconcerned by this so I just tried to relax. This happened till I was about 20 weeks. Everything ended fine, I would say trust your doc.
    Afrontz

Answer by Afrontz at 11:22 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• maybe bed rest?
    oogiesmommy

Answer by oogiesmommy at 12:55 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Sounds like your hemoraging. I had it with both of my pregnancy between the 12th and 15th week of pregnancy. Both of my babys were find cause it will heal on its own unless your hermorage is really big. Its basically a small leak on the wall of the placenta. Your doctor should be doing a check up and a sono to make sure everything is healing properlly. But this is very scary cause with both times I bled like I was having a very heavy period. Bleeding during pregnancy is always cause for concern.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Mar. 22, 2010