whacky period issue....

For the past couple months Ive been having messed up cycles or something.My period will act like its starting,it goes for like a day-then stops.Then it stops,then I spotted for a day,then it stops for a few days,then spotting starts back up. I dont know what the deal is.My son is 3 so its nothing to do with having a baby or nothing like that-and I havent had sex in over a month so I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced issues like this where your period acts like its going to start,but then its off and on,just spotting...sorry for giving TMI,but im just starting to worry....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Health

• I have like one week nothing, then one week light pink, then one week nothing, then my period. It's weird.
    Anonymous

• Mine changes every month, I guess it helps keep me one my toes. There were a few times where it never really was a period and I wasn't pregnant. If you are worried talk to your doc, but if you don't have any symptoms like a fever or a rash, sever cramping or anything, you should be fine.
    Afrontz

Answer by Afrontz at 11:19 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Same here! It goes for two days, stops for a day, and then goes for another day. WTH!?
    flower_momma

Answer by flower_momma at 11:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I have this same problem. I have had it for the past 4 yrs. My doctor did blood tests & an ultrasound. The only thing she could tell me was I had some small fibroids but that she didnt think that was the a cause. My only "cure" is to either go on birth control or get a procedure where they burn the lining of the uterus (making you infertile) I dont want to do either so I guess I am screwed. Hope you find out a better way to deal with it then I have been presented with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• There are a multitude of things that can cause spotting and screwy cycles - fibroids, cysts, and endometriosis, or hormonal imbalances. Its worth getting checked by a doctor - even if it doesn't bother you a whole lot, it could be just a symptom of a more serious issue, like PCOS or a tumor.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 5:02 PM on Mar. 22, 2010