Do you turn out all the lights in your house at night?

I leave a light on in almost every room. Bedrooms are dark. Kitchen has a nightlight, LR has a dim lamp, porchlight and basement hall light are on. (Son sleeps in basement bedroom, don't want him going up and down steep stairs in the dark.) I hate the dark. It really creeps me out. We do sleep in dark rooms, but that is about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We leave the porch light and the light for the dog run on all the time. They have sensors that only come on when it's dark and someone is approaching, though, so they aren't actually on all the time. We have a night light in the dining room, hallway, bathroom, and the nursery. All other lights are off.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:39 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• yes, why pay for electricity when I don't really need to see anything but the back of my eyelids anyway?
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I would prefer that, but my Husband leaves the light on dim over the microwave.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 10:32 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I have a nightlight in bathroom, front room and kitchen...she has a nightlight (fish tank) and I leave the light on over the garage.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I leave all the lights off. My son's are able to get around in the dark and if I need to see I use the light on my cell phone which is just fine.
    JAIRATRACI

Answer by JAIRATRACI at 10:36 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• We shut all lights before bed except for a small night light in the hallway. And a dim on in the bathroom, but that is only bc we have a 1 yr old kitty who likes to knock things off shelves and mantels while we are in bed so he sleeps in the bathroom with a dim light on... nothing else...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:38 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I turn off all lights when we go to bed. My daughter's bedroom has a street light that shines in, so it's not too dark in there. I don't mind the dark.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:45 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• DD HAS A (FAKE)FISHTANK NIGHT LIGHT AND A LITTLE LAMP , A DIM LIGHT ON THE MICROWAVE( WHICH IS AN OVEN HOOD) AND A NIGHT LIGHT IN DDS BATHROOM ,CAUSE SHE CANT REACH THE LIGHT ITS IN A BAD LOCATION! SO THATS FOUR EVERYTHING ELSE IS DARK!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 11:08 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I leave front, back and side porch lights on outside (I guess b/c I think it will make someone less likely to break in or something is they can be "seen"-silly, I know lol), DD has a little lamp b/c she is literally afraid of the dark and I sleep with the t.v. on. Everything else is off.
    MadisonsMom0408

Answer by MadisonsMom0408 at 11:29 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• The only light on inside the house is a nightlight on the main stairs which is also an outlet. It has a sensor on it so it only comes on at night and goes off when the day begin. Otherwise, all lights are off at night.
    Anonymous