how do you do it?

I'm having trouble balancing being a mom wife taking care of the house and working out. It seems like something is always going undone. So i was wondering if someone could give some advice on what to do or share their schedule with me so i can try to figure out how to get everything done in a day

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Make a schedule. I break all my housework out over 6 days with 1 day off of cleaning (that is also eat out night). As for workouts, I keep mine to 25 minutes a day and then just work in some exer-play with my 2 yr old but those 25 minutes are for me alone. I set her up with color books or something that she only gets to do when mommy is working out.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:35 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Welcome to mommy world. Maybe I am not a good time organizer or maybe there is just too MUCH to do cuz there are a LOT of things that get left undone. I have 3 kids and one is a toddler, so HE is my workout. Naptime is usually reserved for dishes and other cleaning that needs to get done. Night time is my computer time when everyone is sleeping and I can have some quiet time. That's the best I can offer you.
    Anonymous

• I work monday-friday. I leave the house at 7:15 and I do not get home till 3:50. When I get home my daughter sits in the highchair while I get dinner going and we play and talk during that. After dinner and dishes are done (it really helps out if you do dishes as you cook, not so many at the end of dinner than). We go and play till 7:30 when it is time for bath and bed. After she is in bed at 8:00. Then I do picking up around the house and do some laundry ( I do laundry everyday so I do not have so much by the weekend, it helps out a lot). I stop at about 9:30 to have a little bit of ME time and then in bed by 10:00-10:30 On the weekends is when I do the big cleaning like bathrooms, vaccuming, dusting, and mopping. Husband helps out with dishes and what not but he has a different work schedule as me and works long hours. My daughter still gets a ton of play time and things get done.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:43 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• ok i have 2 kids one is 4yrs old with constipation issues.. ( will add its almost fixed after 8 months of doctors. ) i also have a 12 yr old and 2 sd's ages 10 and 11. plus my dh;s x wife..lol..a house to clean and brakefast,lunch and dinner to cook. my dh works alot so its always up to me for bedtime..and i barly sleep at night.. im up at 645am..4 yr old wakes up at 7 clean him and feed him.give milk..coffee..then with my coffe i put on my radio ( theres a morning show i love ) so while i listen i clean..always start with kitchen clean counters stove microwave, dinningroom dust clean table, sweep all floors and onto next room.stop make lunch..clean up that..and if i scrub really well the i can take next day off and just do pick ups.. also around 530pm make dinner, eat with kids, clean up, 7pm is calm time we watch dragontails 745pm getting kids ready for bed. 8pm my time theres more but only have so much room mess me if u lik
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:07 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• work doing the child's naptime
    Anonymous

• hide under your bed until the mayhem is over and the child is asleep. then maybe you'll have enough energy to clean up after them. i do my best to keep up, but really there is always something. i do most of my cleaning when the kids are in bed. my 5 year old has set chores to do, and my 20 month old likes to help clean. even if it's not always so helpful, it's the thought that counts. i load the dishwasher and clean the counters while we are eating breakfast. the kids sit at the table and i have mine at the counter, and that way we can talk too. i sweep & vacuum while they have their 1/2 hour of tv time. i wash the tables and my older child helps fold laundry while the younger has a nap.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 12:04 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• my schedule is pretty hectic with my husband and myself working 40+ hours a week. we are co-managers and we work opposite shifts. like I open and he closes one day and the next he opens and I close... so we get to see each other for about 3 hours a day. Our week is so routine I feel like I am sleepwalking through it most of the time. our week goes as follows
    monday- clean Kitchen like floors, microwave, etc
    tuesday- play date so nothing gets done, lol
    wed- clean living room. like vacume, dust, etc.
    thurs- laundry day
    friday- bathroom and living room again
    sat- our only day off together so we run errands and go out to eat and to one activity like the park/zoo/art museum
    sunday- nothing! I quilt and hubby does whatever he does when I am gone, lol.
    the key to getting everything done is to have a schedule and trying to stick to it. If you "pick up after you go" (our #1 rule) things are alot less messy. nap time is me time
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Mar. 22, 2010