c-section belly

Anyone ever loose that dreaded c-section flab? I haven't, but I am loosing weight now and curious if that c-section belly will go away.

mommymeg03

Asked by mommymeg03 at 10:51 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Health

• Weight loss, then a tummy tuck. That's the only way, unfortunately.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 11:33 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Well.....in MY experience - it's been 10 years since my 1st c-section and I STILL have the "belly". Of course I have had 2 subsequent c-sections and my last was only 19 months ago, so I guess I am still holding out hope....a very very small sliver of hope! I have lost 50lbs since I had him and STILL have the major flab. Drives me crazy and if I could afford it I would DEFINITELY go under the knife and have it removed. Dh, of course, tells me it's not that bad, but it really IS. I hate it. I can truly say I have never contemplated plastic surgery EXCEPT for this - if given an opportunity, I'd jump at it fast!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 10:57 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I'm in the same boat girly.....and when I asked the same question, everyone was saying no, besides a tummy tuck :( It's so depressing. :( I'm hoping because i'm 25 that it won't be as bad after I get fit after this baby! Good luck on yours!!! xoxox
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 10:57 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• God I wish there was a cure! I had my son c-section 15 months ago. Since then I have lost an additional 20lbs. I am much smaller than the day my Husband and I got married 5 years ago, but the belly still haunt me. As well as the stretch marks :( I do know when we have our second child I will be getting a tummy tuck. I have worked so hard to lose the weight and I have, but that flap of stretched out skin wont go away. :(
    Afrontz

Answer by Afrontz at 11:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I never had much extra weight, even when pregnant. I've had two c-sections and I have a fairly flat belly. Although it's kinda ... crooked. Hard to explain, you'd have to see it. It's like a small bubble on top on one side. Either that, or the scar is indented... really wierd looking.
    tyrelsmom

Answer by tyrelsmom at 12:25 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I was 103 when I preg and got down to 105 but never lost the belly! Even worse the second time around:(
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:49 AM on Mar. 22, 2010