14 months

So I am curious do a lot of 14 month olds blow their noses when they have a running nose? My son for the past couple of days has decided he would rather blow his nose than to have the bulb used on it. He actually blows a lot out when he does..I am impressed! :)

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 10:53 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I bet that is helpful for those runny noses!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 10:55 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• It really is! He is cutting his molars so its like a faucet has been turned on!
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 10:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• They can...but, I had one that refused to blow properlu until he was WAY beyond the age of doing it. He was like 7 before he did it properly. So, kudos to you. I taught a few in daycare how to do it early. It's rare, but, it happens.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• when my dd was around 1 she would blow properly when i held the tissue at her nose. now she is 19 months and rarely does it properly. haha. i guess it was fun to do at the time and now she doesnt want to bothered.
    Anonymous

• What exactly is the proper way to have a child blow their nose?
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 11:01 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Well, my son would blow out his mouth and nose and hardly any air went through his nose, therefore, an ineffective nose blow.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:46 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• My daughters both did it well by that age. they couldn't wipe it afterwards, so I still had to hold the tissue... but I don't think it's that uncommon.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:31 AM on Mar. 22, 2010