How Do I Tell My Husband He Needs To Work Fulltime?

DH just told me that he really doesn't want to work full time at a job he will hate. He quit his job in December, right before Christmas, because he was miserable. I supported him in that decision, even thought it scared the crap out of me. Then, we got our tax return and paid some bills and whatnot out of that. The plan was for him to be back to work, full time, by the end of this month. I was going to work too, but neither of us liked the idea of working opposite shifts, so I told him I wanted to work only part time and go to school full time.
Tonight, he comes at me with this idea of working part time and us living off my child support and money from an online store that isn't doing that hot. I'm so sick of struggling and not having any money. I was going to suggest to him that he go back to school and let me work full time, but he got all mad at me and wouldn't listen.
How can I make him listen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:58 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Money & Work

• why should he work full time if you aren't willing to?
    Anonymous

• He doesn't want me to work full time. He doesn't want me to work at all, but I want to work, so we had agreed that I would work part time.
    Anonymous

• Tell him that he needs to get off his butt and work or you are going to... He needs to help support his family and stop being lazy
    Anonymous

• Men don't listen so much to words. They are visual creatures. Show him a chart. Show him income and expenses and that you can't make ends meet unless he works full time. Budgets work but not unless people work and have the money to meet the budget. If that doesn't work then give him incentive. Ask him what he would like to save for and set up an account in the budget for it.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:04 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• You know I thought that too.... Sometimes we don't have the luxury of being able to do what we want when we want to if we have family financial obligations.... Perhaps you can put off school until your family is in a more solid place money wise? You can both work full time for awhile and build your savings to you are able to drop to part time for school later?
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 11:04 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• What is up with our men lately? I'm in the same situation. This is so depressing!!!! We have 4 children at home! :(
    Anonymous

• are u married to my dh lol...my dh works full time and will leave work when over time comes and we need the xtra overtime why my dh needed to lease a van..arrggh. he dosent want me to work and with kids only option for me is 3rd shift. dh flat out said no. so i had to show him. ok heres ur pay check this week ( hours ) and heres what rent is ( weekly ) and this is what childsuport is also this week.. AND lets not forget ur snap on tool payment ( weekly ) and then dh saw that we were really 40 dollars short..and that also ment not being able to buy milk,juice,toilet paper. shampoo. that made dh see that yes he works hard * he does ) but when the opertunity to work and make more money comes to take it. and my dh realized that to be able to live and have whats needed he needed to do the overtime. he also saw all xtra money we did have went to van payment and insurence..so now dh works the overtime. and hes ok w/ that. now he sees
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 11:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

I can tell that you've never had the pleasure of a husband who works full time while you stay at home.

Yeah, it actually happens............................................

Good luck to ya!

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 11:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2010