i had my daughter thursdy and labor was so hard tht i bust two eye blood vessels.has anyone ever had this happen did it heal

sexybutter

Asked by sexybutter at 11:10 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It happened to my sister, it will go away soon.
    Afrontz

Answer by Afrontz at 11:11 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• It happened to me and it does go away however,i would get checked out by an eye doctor to make sure you need no drops or anything.Best of luck and congrats !
    Anonymous

• not while in labor -- but I did bust one in each eye when I was throwing up when i was pregnant with my first lol
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 11:16 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• My mom had me 24 years ago. She was in labor for 4 days and it was so hard that she busted blood vessels in both eyes, and many of the capillaries in her cheeks.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 11:24 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I haven't had this happed during labor. But everytime I vomit it happens. I bust vessels in my eyes and in my face. Usually the ones in my eyes end up looking worse before they get better. It doesn't hurt but the blood seems to spread over the white of my eye and then it just goes away. And then the morning sickness hits again and I have to start the whole ordeal all over again.
    Melisabme

Answer by Melisabme at 12:52 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• i assume this happened while you were pushing, and i assume someone was coaching your pushing.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0CYD/is_6_38/ai_99376501/

Pushing in general should be limited to 6-7 seconds, and should be a spontaneous response to a strong urge to push. Coaching of the patient should be limited to encouragement of open-glottis pushing with slight exhalation during pushing, and should only be offered on an as-needed basis,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• i hope it goes away soon! but just for future reference...anon :11 is correct :)
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:03 AM on Mar. 22, 2010