What is that Health care vote thing for? (I am lost & clueless & don't keep up with current events)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• wowo looks like some people on here are really pms-ing! I have not one clue about this damn bill, not because i dont care but because i dont have the time or energy to sit there and try and understand all that mumbo jumbo, so lay off.

OP i asked someone last night and they gave me a break down of the first 500 pages... it doesnt look good. Basically the government is taking over healthcare (obviously). The decide what course of treatment you will recieve. Government provides approved list of end-of-life resources, guiding you in death. Government mandates program that orders end-of-life treatment; government dictates how your life ends..... YEAH it says that! I also read that The federal government will have direct, real-time access to all individual bank accounts for electronic funds transfer. Healthcare coverage will also be available to illegal aliens and they wont have to pay indevidual taxes. we pay it for them. SUCKS!
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 12:10 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• It means the government is that much closer to full control of your life.
    Anonymous

• **OP HERE** Seriously. I have searched but of course more then likely searching the wrong stuff. Is there a link with information that I can read about it.
    Anonymous

• The bill is over 2,000 pages long which is a little much for me to explain... but basically more government control, more debt, and mandating that you have to buy insurance if you do not have it.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 11:29 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• It is UNCONSTITUTIONAL! You cannot FORCE/Mandate people to HAVE/BUY health insurance. Sadly, this bill isn't really about healthcare...it is about power and government control & dependency.
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 11:31 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• I am with you OP! i have no idea what is going on... But i have heard somewhere that it is going to raise our taxes by some 60%.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 11:34 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• no offense to some of you...but SERIOUSLY! You have failed your duty as a citizen of this country by NOT paying attention to this! Wake up people!!!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 11:37 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• op- google is your friend-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:43 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• OP- PLEASE read into it from several sources. If you listen to people opinions without having facts, you end up with things like "We're becoming SOCIALIST" and other such BS. It can be major change, but since our "health care" system is an embarrassment to the civilized world, a BIG change is warranted.
    READ READ READ...and then talk about it with people you respect.
    boomamma

Answer by boomamma at 11:49 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Maybe you should stop being online on CM and go educate yourself about the downfall of our country!
    Anonymous