Inlaw problem #1

* I am going to post my "problems" in more than one post, because they are seperate things...so look for inlaw problem #2 lol*

Anyways we have a 9 year old neice ( hubby's brother's daughter, who lives with MIL). She is obsessed with the computer ( MIL even bought her a $1000 laptop, which of course got colored on ). We were out there and I checked my email and she kept talking about how she wanted a myspace, and my MIL said OK..so I made her one, but I made it private ( and you had to know her full name and email to even add her), she didnt have any info at all on there, not even her name...it was basically just a picture of Hannah Montana, with a Hannah Montana background... SO this was probably 2-3 weeks ago, and MIL called complaing that she was talking to people on the computer and of course it was my fault for making her a myspace. Well this weekend she stayed * continued*

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:26 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• with us and I noticed she constantly wanted on the computer and hubby let her... well I was trying to get her off and she kept saying she had to say bye to her friend...I was watching behind her and after she closed that message she went to another site and started sending another email-type message to someone else............

The point being , she is talking to people online but it isnt because I made her a fake myspace...she is doing it on the "kiddie sites" that MIL (paid) and signed her up for.... not to mention that one of her "friends" is a " 19 y/o male from Austrailia" !

but MIL is like OHHHH NOOO its not from that site, it says it is just for kids ! ( and of course there has never been an adult who has joined a kids site.....)

this is a rant ( like the other will be) but I would like adivice ( if you can give it) on what I could possibly say to a woman who is mad at me over something she did !
    Anonymous

• not to mention that the only time she has ever been on her myspace is the day I amde it for her ( I can tell by the date stamp on it)
    Anonymous

• 1. i would say no computer at my house. in fact i do say that. because my kids may want to play on pbskids.org sometime, but when friends and family are visiting, its time to spend time with them, and we dont put the tv on or anything. so id see if your husband will back you on that rule. you cant get on either though.
    2. i would tell your mil what you think should be done (put a time limit/ if you get your chores done, you get 1 hour of screen time whether it's online/tv/video games/ whatever), help her if she is willing to accept your help and if not, you've done all you can do.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:34 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• After reading all 3 of your post i think your MIL is a giant idiot who shouldnt have children in her home, JMO. Especially reading about the BIL who is in her house. Who in their right mind gave this woman custody of these chidlren?
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:32 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• To the PP -- the idiot BIL did , they are his kids and he gave them custody when they were born ( the mother is also a worthless druggie and had no problem handing her rights over either)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Mar. 22, 2010