Can this cause insomnia??

I know this sounds silly... But can having too much electronical stuff in your room cause you to not be able to sleep?

So this last week DH got a wireless router for his xbox so he could play in the bedroom instead of being stuck in our gameroom that is seperate from the house, ever since putting it in our bedroom... Ive had Insomnia. Im just NOT tired...
(We also keep our laptop in our room & a few other electronics)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You could be picking up on the EMF waves from it. You likely wouldn't notice it can be like an underlying "buzz". Most people aren't aware of it these days because we have become accustom to the white noise generated by all of the electricty around us. Constant exposure can't be good for us.... I would move the electrical stuff otu of your bedroom if you don't want this to continue.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:32 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Are the electronic device's lights on? That might do it
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 11:41 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• If the devices have lights on them, yes, it can definitely disturb your sleep.
    Anonymous

• oh man...there should be NO electronics in the bedroom.....it's such a sacred, restful (should be) place!!!!! Kick all that crap out and take back your room!!!!
    Anonymous

• I agree use that room for sleep and sex... his game room can be any other room but not the bedroom.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 11:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Iknow some times if I really want to do some thing, like watch a movies I'm recording while I sleep , play games, ex. I have trouble sleeping. Yes it can also be the lights.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:48 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• --- OP here
    All the lights & stuff are off.. I have to sleep in darkness.
    Having all our stuff in our room is just easier this way... the only other place to put it would be in our gameroom. which is not heated/cool very well & it seperates us as a family.. If I want to do crafts, I have to be out there.. If DH wants to play xbox, he has to be out there.. We never really wanna do our stuff at the same time.. lol...

But i am worried we are gonna have to move it out if its causing me to lose sleep...
    Anonymous

• Well they do put off electric signals, I guess that could be a problem.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 11:50 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• YES!!!!! Electro magnetic fields cause insomnia. There was a program about this not long ago on tv. Have electronic/electric items six FEET from the bed (or where you sleep if anyone sleeps on the couch). I moved things and my insomnia is gone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Mar. 22, 2010