the health care plan

Ok we are a family of 4 and make approx 40,000 year. I am wanting to know how or if this health-care plan will affect me and my family. I've read so many different drafts and versions of the health plan and am just so confused.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Um your taxes will go up and you'll be forced to buy insurance. This is not a healthcare plan. Your income taxes probably won't go up but, medicare taxes WILL go up and taxes on services will be going up.
    Anonymous

• If you already have insurance nothing will change for you, except you will have no insurance limits and can't be denied for pre existing conditions.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 11:47 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Um your taxes will go up and you'll be forced to buy insurance.

yeah that's kinda what i was thinking. I have insurance but the copay's and costs are eating me alive b/c of some medical conditions i have. I was hoping there would be some relief for my family. I guess it'll be nice for those it helps though too bad that's barely anyone.
    Anonymous

• Your premiums will go up and so will your co pays.
    Anonymous

Liar - read the bill. Her employer has no obligation to maintain her insurance and can pay a fine instead, meaning she has to pay it all out of pocket or pay her own fine for not having coverage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Grandmarga If you already have insurance nothing will change for you, except you will have no insurance limits and can't be denied for pre existing conditions.

Let me edit this for you, If you already have insurance nothing will change for you, UNLESS your employer decides it is cheaper to pay the penalty and DROP you.   

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:04 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Thank you grlygrlz2-not sure why people dont SEE this clearly!
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 12:24 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• If you already have insurance nothing will change for you, UNLESS your employer decides it is cheaper to pay the penalty and DROP you.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is my concern. I am HOPING and PRAYING since our insurance is with the City Government that they will not drop insurance and pay the "fine". I am not naive though, I know our premiums will go even further through the roof.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 12:30 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Let me edit this for you, If you already have insurance nothing will change for you, UNLESS your employer decides it is cheaper to pay the penalty and DROP you.

Most employers have the same insurance they give you and have no desire to change insurances. OH, but I forgot you know everything and predict the future.
    Keep trying to spread your fear tactics.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 1:17 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I have private insurance through United Healthcare, the company I work for. I am a health insurance agent. Not only have they already told us that due to the expectation of HCR going through that they will be raising our premiums by hundreds of dollars (per month, so thousands per year) by Jan 2011 but they will also be looking at layoffs because I work in the department that deals with medicare programs which will have major funding cuts. So if I get to keep my job, which is unlikely, then I'll be paying out the ass to have insurance. Either way I'm screwed. I'm looking for a new job currently because I cannot be stuck without one. I refuse to sit and have someone else pay for me to live. I have a mortgage and I refuse to go into foreclosure. So I'm being proactive and settling things now while I still have a little wiggle room. Thats how it will affect me, everyone is going to be in a different boat though.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 1:25 AM on Mar. 22, 2010