inlaw problem # 3 ( last one I promise)

** this is just a rant but advice welcome* *

As I stated before our neice and nephew lives with MIL...

nephew is 5 years old but the size of an 8 year old ( not fat but really muscular) ........MIL thinks that whatever age you are, is what size you wear ( which means she dresses him in a size 5) .....he is always dressed in super tight and short clothes ( it just looks bad and it looks like he has been wearing the same thing for years) ...we have bought him bigger clothes and he tried them on and a size 7 fits him perfectly...but MIL, packed it away until he is 7 y/o !!! So husband was like MOM! He needs bigger clothes !

I know since he lives with her and not us she could dress him in a dress if she wanted but, he even said kids make fun of him becasue of his clothes ! But MIL wont hear any of it.. How can we save him !?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Wow. That is ...ludicrous. I have no idea. She...sounds like she just doesn't GET it. I don;t know....
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:56 PM on Mar. 21, 2010

• Hahaa , I have a nephew in a similar predicament (although he is overweight. not muscular)An idea might be buy him clothes in his size with his favourite character ( one that won't be as cool when he's 7 or 8 ) and make it obvious that it is for wearing now.
    Also cut the size tag out of any clothes you give him. And if you ever BBsit when she's out, grab one or two of the better fitting clothes out and cut the size tag out and chuck it in his wardrobe ( you can prob get away with one shirt and one pair of shorts at a time) . As you said, it is up to her, but I would let her know he is being teased and that it is making him sad.
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 12:03 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• thansk for your advice... but she knows he is being teased, but she just doesnt get it...she is like Oh, all kids are like that........ and the clothes we got him where like little kid-like and he really wanted them...but nope...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• myheartx4 i was going to say the same thing but just add sew on size 5 tags she will never know the difference lol
    mrs.dewberry01

Answer by mrs.dewberry01 at 2:13 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• This is so sad, I dont really have an advice other than to have someone talk to her maybe a doctor if you know any who can get it through her head. I feel so bad for your nephew it is so much worse when the teasing is caused by the actions of those who are supposed to care for you.

I wouldnt give up, maybe ask her what size she wears and how old she is? point out the difference in shoe sizes for children that age, or even take her to a store where the associates help pick out clothes so they can explain the sizing to her. You could even go ahead of time to a store talk witha manager and explain what you need your MIL to grasp and maybe they can set a time to help you and her shop. My heart goes out to your nephew I hope you are able to make her see the light.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:28 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Just cut the tags out and she'll have to go by fit rather than by size.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:38 AM on Mar. 22, 2010