how do y ou getyour teenager back into going to school

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Mar. 21, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• call the truant officer
    Anonymous

• My mom made my sister get a job and pay rent to live in her house. After awhile she was more then happy to go back to school. But she was in her last year of school....If yours is younger....I don't know what would help
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 12:07 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• My dad threatened to go to every class with me. I knew he would do it, so I went to class.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:16 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Is there a reason that he/she doesn't want to go? Bullies or whatever? If that's the case, get involved with it. Talk to the principal and your kids' teachers, find out what is going on. If it's just a lazy thing, shoot....school IS NOT an option. If I didn't go to school when I was growing up, I had to stay in my room the entire day and night. If I was scheduled to work, too bad. Had to call in. School is not an option!!! It lays the foundation for their work ethic in the future, if they can find a job, or at least a decent paying one, if they don't graduate.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 3:44 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Call the truant officer and have them pick up the child, ticket them and bring them to school in a police car.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:45 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Honestly, it should have never become an option that they didn't go to school in the first place. Why are you caring NOW? Is it because the school system is coming after you now and you want to get them off your back? My kids knew that not going to school was NEVER an option, not even if they were over 18 and still in high school. The only way they could/can miss school is if they have a fever or are puking. Other than than....they go. I don't ccare if they stayed up too late the night before, if they got a new video game, etc.. They go to school. If there's bullying at school....toughen the heck up and realize that people who bully are losers who aren't going anywhere, they see that you have the potential to go somewhere and it becomes their life mission to bring you down to their no future level. These are lessens (going to school/dealing with bullies) that should be instilled when they are elem. school ages.
    Anonymous

• Education was always a given in our family. I hope it doesn't become a problem with these twins. Life changes so rapidly from 8th grade to hs grad. It is not an OPTION. If they graduated from HS, then they either went to college, or got a job and paid rent and still had chores. Exposure to professional work environment and the riches that come from that life style (not just money) can be an inspiration. My daughter owns her own law practice, so when I take the boys to the office, they come away wanting that.
    satire

Answer by satire at 1:50 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I am reading some remarks from some of these people. There are many people offering good advice then there are a small few who find it necessary to bash. It is so easy to judge others and say what you would do. I hope some of these rude people never have to get into this situation they would have no clue what to do. You can not control your child, I would drive my daughter to school watch her walk in the gate and as I drove off my little darling would be ditching. I would call the school and turn her in. Take privileges away, talk to the counselor don't give up on your child. I understand how frustrating this is
    Anonymous

• I agree with the truant solution, underage, so it is not her priviledge to choose.

Answer by older at 3:12 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Yes, I agree. Call the truant officer or make him/her start paying rent to stay at home. There is no excuse for a kid to stop going to school! That's why the parents are there to make sure they do the responsible thing. Good luck.
    mickstinator

Answer by mickstinator at 4:41 PM on Mar. 22, 2010