show me the money!!

show me the money!!

I want to know why mother's that have children who's father's are completely involved in their children's lives think that they are entitled to child support??
I'm not talking about dead beat dad's here! I mean father's who actually care! Father's who want their kids as much as possible! Father's that make every game, event and conferences. Father's that talk to their kids and are alway's there for their children no matter what!?!? Why do you need child support when the father of your kids(s) is there? OR wants to be there just as much but not allowed because of mothers who need primary custody just so they can get their child support!

milf661

Asked by milf661 at 12:38 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• If the father is 100% involved in a their child's life .. emotionally, physically, and financially then the mother should have no reason to demand child support. The only reason that child support is required from an involved parent, is when the parent doesn't own up to their financial obligation to that child. Some involved parents feel they are not financially obligated and that's when the court gets involved to force them to be financially obligated to their child. Not all involved parents are perfect, just because they're involved.

Yes finally someone who has a brain!!
    milf661

Answer by milf661 at 12:39 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Because no matter what the circumstances of the divorce, they're going to make him pay, by G-d!
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 12:49 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I'm not really certain what you mean. You mean, if the father is voluntarily paying for the needs of the child, the mother still sues for child support and you think she should keep it private? Child support is for the needs of the child, and even if the father is involved and pays for everything when he has the child, there may be many more day-to-day expenses if the mother has physical custody (her residence is the child's primary residence). But yeah, if a Dad is already paying those things and getting sued for child support, couldn't he just cut off the voluntary money he was paying her? My brother was an amazing Dad and would have happily given way more than the courts demanded, but they did have a formal agreement. He still paid her more and bought tons of stuff. In the end, she wanted to torture him by way of keeping him from seeing his child and there were years of messyness and then he died and she won. I understand..
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 3:48 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I understand how some women can be greedy and not working in the best interest of their child but your question made me raise an eyebrow because you didn't mention that he pays for all of childs needs... food, clothing, shelter, etc. If he is emotionally and physically there, that's wonderful, but the child still has financial needs!
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 3:49 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• There's no way a father can be 100% involved and not live with the child. The one whom the child lives with day in and day out should get support, period.
    Anonymous