he's acting like a jerk, or am i wrong?

My dh has been sick with a bad cough and cold since about Sunday. He also works a LOT. Well the last few days we've barely talked really and when we do he gets irritated and doesn't answer my questions or anything. Even before he got sick he would do that and he would tell me that my talking was irritating him. What am I supposed to do? Am I asking too much for a little conversation and acknowledgement from my husband? Anything would be helpful. Thanks.

Bamzakarat

Asked by Bamzakarat at 1:00 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• You know how men are! They PMS like we do! And when they're sick they're even worse. Wait until he's feeling better to try to carry on a serious conversation with him. And once he is feeling better...give him some and he should be better in a couple hours! :)
    Kaydens_mommy06

Answer by Kaydens_mommy06 at 1:10 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• sounds like he has a migrane if sound bugs him,he is just being a grouch..give him some time
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:19 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• If he's cranky then why would you WANT to talk to him? If you want to talk call a friend. Maybe he's just really tired and everything is annoying. I work shifts and I get like that sometimes too. Don't take it personally just leave him alone.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 1:49 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Maybe he's stressed about work and then getting sick made things worse. My opinion? Ride it out. Don't sit and nag at him and ask him tons of questions. Maybe he's trying to work something out in his head and he'll talk when he's ready.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 4:05 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Let him have some time to himself like playing video games or watching TV. He probably just needs to decompress. My DH never turns down overtime and can go months without a day off. He's just worn out and frayed around the edges...maybe offer him a back rub it always cheers my DH up. Sometimes you just gotta take one for the team even if he's being a grouch.

Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 6:43 AM on Mar. 22, 2010