5 Months Preggo and feel like a Whale.....

Okay Ladies...

I am 5 months pregnant and some mornings I wake up and look in the mirror and I feel like this huge whale. I know I am not really fat I am pregnant and that growing round belly is supposed to be there but some days I just feel so blah about my appearance. I try to dress in cute maternity clothes and fix myself up but some days it just doesn't work. Other days I wake up and feel great about how I'm rounding out. Is this all just a hormone thing? How did any of you deal or cope with the "whale days"...... And when I do wake up to a whale day and can't kick it, it ends up taking control over my mood for the entire day and everyone in the house has to suffer. I'm 5 months and I can't see my feet ~ I'm all belly. :)

And suggestions to make those whale days go away?

Melisabme

Asked by Melisabme at 1:00 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I am 5.5 months and know exactly how you feel. It is just hormones, but I understand how hard it is to kick that feeling. I am at that in-between stage where my belly is growing but if you don't know I'm pregnant you may just think I'm getting fat because my belly isn't quite rounded yet.

Usually on those days I relax, I try to stay inside, take a long warm bath, eat some yummy food, and remind myself I'm carrying a precious baby.

Having sex can raise the self esteem too =)
    imamommmmyyy

Answer by imamommmmyyy at 1:09 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• yeah i'm 5 1/2 months and before i got pregnant i had the perfect body, i'm still skinny everywhere else except for my huge belly. some days i look at it and think it's cute but most days i just miss when ppl used to look at me and guys would randomly compliment me, it might sound vain but i do miss looking the way i did....i know i'll look that way again but not for a few more months. just think that your little baby is worth it...thats what i tell myself. i may be a whale but it won't last forever, just keep that thought in the back of your head, you won't be a whale forever :)
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:35 AM on Mar. 22, 2010