what to stock up on

since there is so many ppl talking about stocking up...what exactly are you stocking up on....like I know water and canned food....but what else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i usually buy a lot of diapers, formula, and wipes when there is a really good sale that matches the coupons I have. Cereal too!
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:41 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• survivalblog.com
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I bought 25 lbs of flour, 2 large containers of oil and baking products (soda and powder). I have 100 lbs of various beans, 200 lbs of rice, I had 50 lbs of flour now 75. I have canned foods in multiples. My freezer is full. I have paper goods, toiletries and board games. Start with shelter, water, food. When you go to the store instead of buying enough for one meal, always buy enough for two or more. It will help you get started.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Canned goods, Water is hard to store, just get purifying tablets, gasoline (check your areas laws on how much you can store), First aid stuff, Bullets (only if you KNOW how to shoot), toletries, batteries (a solar panel would be great), I agree that survival blog rocks but this is the link to help newbies and probably more help. http://www.survivalblog.com/newbies.html Just start by buying double of anything that is on sale and will last.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 1:59 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Oh and they say to try and eventually have a 3 year supply (or in other terms a 1 year supply for 3 familes) most people only have a 3 day supply and you will feel the need to help out friends... OF course this is worst case scenario but if you are ready for the worst than you are ready for everything up to that.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 2:01 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Why is the world ending this time?

...It took my grandmother 7 years to work through her Y2K stock pile.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:16 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Water does not store well unless you are going to use glass FYi
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:17 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• My new year's resolution is to have an emergency kit by the end of the year. Not because I'm paranoid about crazy end of the world crap. But just in case something happens. A flood, a freak snow storm in SC that causes us to lose power for days, etc. Regular old natural disasters where you might have to evacuate your house for a few days. In it we'll have: first aid kit, canned food and can opener for about 3 days, 3 days worth of water, blanket, change of clothes, copies of important documents, extra leashes and collars for the dogs, extra dog food, flashlight, etc. We rarely eat canned food now, so my plan is to keep track of the canned food's expiration date and then donate the canned food to a food bank a few months before it's expiration and then add new to the kit. We use cloth diapers, so I will also have a pack of disposables and then donate them when she's out of that size.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:16 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Well you could visit paranoid sites like prisonplanet or infowars. There's a lot of information on there. It goes into the "Paranoia, Paranoia, everybody's coming to get me" line of thinking .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• WE ALWAYS STOCK UP THIS TIME OF YEAR FOR THE HURRICANE'S SO THAT WE DONT HAVE TO RUSH IF ONE IS ACTUALLY COMING AND THE STORES ARE EMPTY!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 12:00 PM on Mar. 22, 2010