I have SUPER dry hands and it seems like nothing works for me. I apply lotion and my hands are good for about 1 minute if even that long. OMG, what do i do???????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Health

• I worked with someone who added baby oil to a bottle of lotion.
    Mel_in_PHX

Answer by Mel_in_PHX at 1:47 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• What kind of lotion are you using? I get very dry skin in the colder months and the cheaper brands do not help at all. Aveeno, and vasiline intensive work well and you can buy them anywhere. The best I have found are the satin hands from mary kay and avon has a intensive treatment lotion that has worked well for me also.

Make sure your drinking plenty of water, that makes a huge difference as well and keeping your hands out of dish water or buying a dish soap that is'nt as harsh on skin.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 1:50 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• The only thing that works for me is Mary Kay Extra Emollient Night Cream. You don't have to use it only at night, and it's pretty thick. It's helps even more if you have slightly damp skin when applying it. Makes it easier to rub in, and your skin absorbs it more. Best thing about it, is that you only need a tiny bit too. It works great. It cost me $10 two years ago, and still have the same tube.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:53 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Go to a LUSH store or lush.com and order "Lemony Flutter". It's a cuticle cream made of shea and cocoa butter and lots of other wonderful ingredients. It's labeled for cuticles but it's great for your hands, elbows, heels, any area that's extremely dry and cracked. With continued use, it softens your hands more permanently and it smells great!
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 2:14 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• i use Aquaphor...they have a lotion and a thicker cream that works awesome on dry skin...i wash my hand 50 times a day at work so they get really dry...then i use the Aquaphor and my hands looks silky smooth again
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Get one of the night kits. It comes with hand lotions and such, and gloves you can wear at night. It works wonders, I notice a huge difference after just one night. My hands get really dry in the winter, so I often do this!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:58 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Instead of spending $3-$5 everytime you go to the store on lotions that don't work, Spend a bit more on something that does. Jordan Essentials has Real Skin Care for Real Families. JE products do NOT contain mineral oil, isopropyl alcohol, parabens, DEA, or SLS.

Our bodies were not made to process petroleum products. These coat the skin & can cause more problems than what they solve. I reccomend the Basic Spa Collection, salt scrub, shea butter, lotion bar so that you can experience a hand spa. It's important to exfoliate the dry skin before moisturizing. Shea butter adds instant moisture to your hands. Shea butter has natural healing properties to aid in skin cell regeneration. Because there is no mineral oil, it soaks all the way into your skin. It does not sit on top & wash away like traditional lotions. Use the beeswax lotion bar to seal in the moisture & protect your skin.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:40 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Lotion bars are great at healing little nicks & cuts too. Available in many fragrances including unscented & dye free.

Jordan Essentials is Proudly Made in the USA!

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:42 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

I use Vaseline Extra Strength but I have just discovered Lush last week and I bought a couple of products.  I haven't tried the Lemony Flutter but if it is as good as the other things I bought then I'm going to lol.  I love that store!!!

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:49 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Avon's Moisture Therapy products worked wonders for my family's dry skin. You could/should also get rubber gloves (if you're not allergic) to wash dishes or when you get your hands in any cleaning solution.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:54 AM on Mar. 22, 2010