is it normal to have your face swell after having a root canal

my daughter went in for a root canal on thursday, at first all seemed normal but on Sunday her face became very swollen. She has been taken ibuprophen. She goes back to the dentist tommorow.

karriewren

Asked by karriewren at 2:00 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Health

• It is possibly infected?? Mine didnt do that
    CM2TX08

Answer by CM2TX08 at 2:09 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Swollen sounds like an infection to me. I had one when I was a teen, not because a root canal, because I needed one. Does she have any puss pockets? She would be able to feel the with her tongue, they are like squishy pockets of fluid. If it is an infection I would ask if she can get a shot of antibiotic instead of a script for pills. The shot will kick in right away and start getting rid if the infection right away, if she gets pills it will take a day or two for them to take effect.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:37 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I had two last year and they gave me ice packs to put on my face to keep swelling down.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 7:42 AM on Mar. 22, 2010