What are some fun things to do as a family in Las Vegas, NV. We have 2 kids ages 3 and 15. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Travel

• I personally would not take my kids to the strip at all. There are smut magazine boxes everywhere. There are also prostitute trading cards with naked pics on every power pole. I am sure there are some family fun things in Vegas, just not on the strip.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:52 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• OP here, thanks, good to know. I've never been there before so I need all the input i can get.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Agree with previous post. I do go to Vegas once a year with my husband but I have to tell you, I can't understand why on Earth anyone would take their children. Depending on the time of year, it is MISERABLY HOT!!! Yes, there is all that smut there as well, and really, besides gambling to do(which obviously the kids can't partake), there's not much else. A few "rides" but there is expensive shopping and expensive shows. It is a town that is based on adult entertainment from waaaay back. If you're going there, just go a bit further and take them to the Grand Canyon or trek over to California. Seaworld, Legoland....depending on what you're into, there are tons of historical sites there(CA) as well. Good luck!
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 3:24 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• OP here, well, i have to attend a medical convention and wanted to take that time to spend with my family instead of leaving them home for 5 days. It will be in the fall. I've never been so didnt know what to expect.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I don't know why people take LITTLE kids- but otherwise...I think it's fine

there is the MnM's museum thing that is funthey have a little movie you can watch and all kinds of MnM stuff...there is the dolphin thing at the Mirage, the aquarium at Monteray Bay, King Tut's tomb tour at the Luxor- which is just an awesome place to see anyhow, the MGM has the big kitties :) and definitely go to the Excalibur just to check it out- there is the tounament of kings show there- but it might be a bit much for the little one (kinda dusty/smokey) but a lot of fun, and go to the free pirate show in front of Treasure Isand.- they used to have a lot of cool pirate-ey stuff in the gift shops there...but not as much anymore- also there are the circus shows at Circus Circus and the little theme park thing they have there...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:05 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Oh- and the wax museum *I think it's at the Paris (which is a really cool place to check out too) and also visit the old strip there is the big canopy over it that is pretty cool too!
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:10 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• We drive through Vegas about 1x a summer. My kids are currently 5, 10 &12. We stayed at Circus Circus the last time and it was a total blast. They spent the day in the amusement park there, which really wasn't more than the 6 Flags here. My little one even convinced the attendant to let him on the pirate ship thing, even though he was too small. He still talks about it.

We didn't walk around the strip at all because of the time before with all of the inappropriate sex junk being peddled. They didn't care. All they wanted was food, the pool and the amusement park. I needed a day off from driving. Worked like a charm.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:04 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• My sister took her family over spring break, and from the pictures she posted on facebook it looked like they had a great time. They stayed at the Circus Circus and spent a lot of time at the pool and amusement park. Her kids are 3, 6, 8, and 10.
    Anonymous