whats up with my skin

i started having dry, flaky skin on my belly and boobs a few months ago(i'm six months pregnant) well i've been using cocoa butter every day for a few months and it's still dry and flaky. whats going on? i know dry skin is normal in pregnancy but i'm treating it and it's not working. and yes i do drink plenty of water.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• drink more water 64oz is the bare minimum
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• use cetaphil cream instead of lotion.
    redderbedder

Answer by redderbedder at 3:05 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• i already said i drink more than enough water...i'm an athlete...i stay plenty hydrated
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Since you are getting enough water, your dry skin is more likely caused by your skin stretching to accommodate a larger belly and breasts.

If you are starting to itch, avoid hot showers and baths, which can dry out your skin and make the itching worse. Use mild soap and be sure to rinse it off well and towel off lightly. Then slather on an unscented moisturizer (some scents can cause irritation).

Try an occasional warm oatmeal bath. (You can buy oatmeal bath preparations in drugstores.) Wear loose cotton clothing and avoid going out in the heat of the day, since heat can intensify the itching.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 3:25 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• try something other then cocoa butter, that stuff made my skin super flaky...Just lotion worked best for me, I used batha nd body works.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:23 AM on Mar. 22, 2010