Question (DH said when we were fighting)

Me and my husband got into a arguement well we made up and i asked him why he never acted like he was upset because he told me he was done and i said the same but it really upset me well we were working stuff out and i asked it i left for a month would you miss me he told me that he would have our son and i asked him why he thought he would get our son since he has never changed a diaper bathed him or done anything like that i told him he couldnt take care of him so my question is if me and my husband ever broke up and since i am a stay at home mom and he works could he win custody?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• it'd be joint custody unless one of you guys could be proven unfit-- and not working does NOT mean you arent fit to be a parent.

but semi-off topic-- what if you did leave for a weekend? is that possible- go visit your parents or a friend or something with your DS? get some time away from him. maybe even suggest marriage counseling to him and see what he says.
    Shy_Dia

Answer by Shy_Dia at 3:37 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• also he would have to pay u alimony sine you were never expected to work
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• So he cant just take my son away from me since i dont work ( Im a Wonderful Mother i Do my best) I would do anything for my son but my dh is always going to bars or watching tv i spend all my time with my son and do everything but bring in the money which i cant have any only enough for diapers he hides the rest from me:(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:49 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Hes a Very good Worker and he is a good dad beside he wont change diapers or bathe or anything like that he will play with him every once in a while but he keeps telling me he will get custody if we ever break up i dont think he could do a very good job b/c all he wants to do is party I WISH HE WAS MORE OF A FAMILY GUY!!!:(:(:(:( I LOVE HIM TO DEATH ITS JUST NOT WHAT I WANT
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• This is a scare tactic made by a lot of men when they are fighting a SAHM. My friends husband seriously had her believing that he would get the kids because all she did for the past 10 years was raise children and run a daycare from home....UH, HELLO?! Most judges will tend to side with the mother anyways.

But, for future reference, don't ask a question if you're not sure you're gonna like the answer.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 3:54 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• It would be joint custody. He is your sons father just as much as you are his mother. not matter if you stay home all day or not he helped make this child just as much as you did carrying him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:47 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• why are you even worried about this? why not worry more about doing what it takes to make the marriage work?
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:16 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I wasn't working when I divorced my children's father and I have full custody of both of my children due to the fact that I did the mandatory parenting seminar for divorcing parents and he didn't. Since he didn't do that 3 hour class his visitation rights were suspended and I have full custody of my children. They see their father if I say it's OK. And he has to get a lawyer and take me back to court to get his rights reinstated. So no he cannot take custody of your son because you don't work. Only if you are seen as an unfit parent can he.

NikLvsNick

Answer by NikLvsNick at 1:50 PM on Mar. 22, 2010