IS THIS NEW BILL GOING TO HELP ?

IS THIS GOING TO HELP THE PEOPLE WHO CAN NOT AFFORD HEALTH CARE INSUARANCE ? AND WILL WE HAVE TO PAY FOR IT , AND IF SOME CANT AFFORD TO , WILL THEY GET FINED .. JUST TRYING TO GET SOME UNDERSTANDING HERE .. OPINIONS PLEASE ! ANYONE UNDERSTAND THIS ,, CAUSE I SURE DONT

sweethonesty520

Asked by sweethonesty520 at 3:59 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• HistoryMama....My family has watched taxes increase by at least...15% in 2yrs. We can't afford any insurance....and we already don't qualify for 'subsidies'.
    starrsun

Answer by starrsun at 9:47 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I asked the same kind of things earlier today. There seems to be a lot of opinions on it and not a lot of facts.

This explains some. http://www.healthreform.gov/

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:30 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• No jobs.

Need a job.

None anytime soon.

Something else for " free' for ya.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 7:50 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I think that we will have to wait until it kicks in in 4-5 years before we know exactly who it helps. Things are likely to change from the current bill as it is written. If you are under a certain household income you will possibly qualify for subsidies to help pay for what they consider acceptable coverage.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:28 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• No It doesnt. I am watching MSNBC this morning and even THEY are saying this was a HUGE win for ins comp and big pharma. People now have to buy an over priced, non restricted product! yay "reform"....

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:37 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Yes, you will have to pay for it - with taxes.
    Supposedly it will help poorer people afford insurance, though I have yet to see how.
    Yes, you will be fined if you don't buy insurance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:56 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• "No It doesnt. I am watching MSNBC this morning and even THEY are saying this was a HUGE win for ins comp and big pharma. People now have to buy an over priced, non restricted product! yay "reform"...."

Can you provide the parts of the bill which state this information, please?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Nobody will be getting any help for another 5 years- though we will begin paying for it with our taxes soon after it becomes law. I know for certain that my families taxes will be going up by a rather large increase. *sigh*
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 9:08 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• "Nobody will be getting any help for another 5 years- though we will begin paying for it with our taxes soon after it becomes law. I know for certain that my families taxes will be going up by a rather large increase. *sigh* "

I thought the bill takes effect in 2014...that's less than 5 years, yes?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• If you think the economy is tough now, imagine what it is going to be like when we have to pay 40% on taxes due to the new health care! While it might help some - those without HC - the rest of us "healthy ones" are going to have to pay for it.
    New2Florida

Answer by New2Florida at 9:25 AM on Mar. 22, 2010