Have you read the health care bill?

I know its long. But have you read at least parts of it? Anyone have a link to the bill that just passed the House?

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 7:00 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I have looked at what I can, but its over 1000 pages isnt ? LOL
    sati769leigh

Answer by sati769leigh at 8:09 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Yes, I have. It's a horrible idea forced on people against their will. One of our local representatives ended his career yesterday by changing his vote. Shame he's the next district over so I can't vote against him personally, but facebook is flooded with friends and neighbors on that side of the line who want blood.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Here's a better question, have the people that voted on this monstrosity read it?? The answer is NO!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I agree with :24. If your representative didn't read the bill, they should lose their jobs. This is what they are there to do. They should be completely aware of the wording of the laws that they are responsible for passing. And this goes for representatives on both sides of the aisle.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:30 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Dang... I tried to find it for you this morning so I could post the link and I got a computer virus instead!!! If your looking for the text online be careful what you click on.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 8:36 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I haven't and neither did the effers who passed it. We not live in the United Socialized States of America.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 9:00 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• It is very difficult to read because it is written in legal and technical terms- even those who specialize in reading this type of thing have to go through it carefully. It points back to a lot of previous laws and rules... Though the general outlines can be read, but there is a lot of ambiguity to what is stated. Go to OpenCongress.Org to be able to read the bill as it stands.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 9:05 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• TY historymoma.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 11:52 AM on Mar. 22, 2010