• In the Spotlight:

Ow my heart!

Awwww man...my little girl just gave me the saddest face I have ever seen and started sobbing "MUMMMYYYYY MUUMMMYYYYY!" as my DH carried her off to daycare. Man...I can't stand that! I feel so bad to see her wanting ANYTHING that she can't have....Mummy has to sleep for work tonight!

Does it ever get easier to be away from your kids? My twins are 19 months and I miss them every second of every moment I am not with them :( But it has to be done.... *sniffle...*

Allergic2Stupid

Asked by Allergic2Stupid at 7:11 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Aww. I'm sorry. I guess yes. it will get easier. Everyone will adjust to their routine. The main things is you're lucky to have these twins. A wonderful family and a good job. One that fulfills you and makes you feel accomplished. Make the best of the good times you have together. Just having fun enjoying making lasting memories. You're not alone. Many others have this as well! I hope you all adjust well. Heck I miss my own DD's and they're married on their own. I'm sorry if you got some unkind replies. Good luck in all that you do.
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 8:02 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• awww, my son was in daycare from the time he was 7 weeks old and there were some days that it was so hard for me to leave him there! So I understand how you must feel. I don't know which days were harder for me though, the days that he cried and didn't want me to leave or the days that he just galloped out of my arms and ran to his friends to play, with just a quick wave good bye to me, not even a kiss on the cheek,lol. I guess as parents, we struggle with decisions that we have to make. The best decisions are not always the easiest.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 7:49 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• DD has been in daycare full-time since she was 3-mo-old. At first I was a nervous wreck, couldn't stop thinking about her... now when I say goodbye, she doesn't even turn around and yells "BYE MOM I YUV U MOM" Not even "mommy" anymore. lol
    Happypancake

Answer by Happypancake at 3:31 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Let us hope that there is no easy way to separate from kids who need us...

Are you hoping someone will say 'they'll be fine'? They might be. You never know, and you won't be there to see to it. They'll have high levels of stress hormones the whole time they're away from you (whether they're crying or appear to be 'fine.') Will that permanently wreck them? Who knows?

I know that there are a lot more obese, angry, violent and drug-addicted kids who come from 'good' homes, but who behave and appear to be kids from broken homes... statistically it 'shouldn't' be happening, but daycare may well explain it.

You can maintain a connection with your kids, but it hurts a lot. It means staying open to the sting of missing out on their days, on their discoveries and on 'being there' for their hurts and losses, while they continue to express their deep need to be with you, even though they can't be.

Can't change shifts, eh?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 5:26 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I'm a police officer. I don't have the luxury of working regular business hours because criminals have this really annoying habit of carrying out their business against our citizens and their property at all hours of the day and night. While you are safe in your home at night with your "connection" to your children I am out there protecting you and those children. So no. I can't change shifts.

I didn't expect anyone to tell me they will be fine. But I also didn't really expect some rude condescending woman to come into my post and be a jerk. I guess we all get a surprise every once in a while.
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 4:04 AM on Mar. 23, 2010