What age did your child turn that was most difficult for you?

My baby boy is turning 10 years old in 2 days! Double digits! sniffle sniffle...I thought when he turned one was tough but man oh man this age is hard too! lol I'm being a sappy over sensitive mom this morning. He came down asking what I was making him for breakfast today and I just looked at him and my heart hurt a little. He stands just a little past my chin,his hands are almost the same size as mine and his feet...Oh let me tell you about this kids feet! He fits in my shoes! I can wear his shoes! LOL..Awwww...my baby. I remember when he used to run to me with such a big smile,yelling"MOMMY! YAY!MOMMY!" and he needed me so much. Now he's my BIG,Little Man, if that makes sense,lol. I'm getting all teary eyed just thinking about it.I tell myself no matter how old he gets, he will forever be my baby. :)

kimberlyinberea

Asked by kimberlyinberea at 7:38 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• Hang in there...there are good and bad days at all ages. I'd say the tweens have been the hardest for me. I have a 22 and 19 yr. old now. I believe you will look back and remember lots of blessings along the way even through the hard times. (That is how they grow in character). Best wishes.
    minasmama6

Answer by minasmama6 at 8:06 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I'd say about 17. Really rough years. And they didn't improve until the children were 20, 21, and it was an amazing transformation then.

Answer by Bmat at 8:01 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Definitely 14. His hands are bigger than mine, his feet are bigger than mine (he wears men size 12), he's stronger but still shorter than me. He's gone emo on me.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 8:15 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• 14 was the hardest, but in the past three years she has gotten better.
    Merjo

Answer by Merjo at 8:15 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• 13-14 is the worst. Especially for the girls. have 2 boys and 2 girls. My youngest is a 14 yr. old girl. The girls had a much harder time at that age than the boys. More hormones, trying to fit in, in this crazy world, they have lack of confidence, and their peers can be so cruel. Enjoy him while he is little! Also, rejoice in his transformation into a man, if you can!!
    Shellness

Answer by Shellness at 8:38 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• So far 14.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:57 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• My daughter is 14 months old, almost 15 months. So far, the newborn stage was the absolute WORST. I hated the no interaction thing. Now that she's a toddler, every day is new and exciting, it's not the same old drudgery that it was when she was an infant. I just wasn't meant to be a mom to an infant. Now she babbles and plays games with me and giggles and does so many things. It's hard, but I like it so much more than it used to be.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:59 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• For me it's the transitions more than the age. I cried when my babies moved from the infant room to the toddler room at daycare (1 year old). I cried when my oldest started kindergarten (5 years old), when she started middle school (10/11 years old), and just recently it hit me pretty hard that she'll be in high school next year (13/14 years old). I expect I will freak out when she starts driving and dating, and then again for her last year of high school. It does seem that there are lots of transitions the first 5 years, and then you get a little break before it all goes into fast forward again around 10 or 11.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• 17 was the worst age for my son...my daughter it was 13-14. They are 22 and 24 now so I look back and it was just water under the bridge.
    auntietotty

Answer by auntietotty at 9:29 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• My son is only 2-1/2 and he was full of colic so for him, so far it was infancy.. well, the whole first year.. I LOVE being around him now. he's so funny and creative and smart and I love to watch him learn! although I am trying to get used to the energy of boys, I love this age the best!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:16 AM on Mar. 22, 2010