I'm five weeks.........

I'm five weeks a long as of Thursday. This makes my second pregnancy. I started taking my prenatal vitamens a couple of days ago and haven't been nauseade till I started taking them and I don't understand why and I'm so sleepy and I'm so hungry all the time. I don't remember any of this with my first pregnancy. Every 2 and half hours I feel like I'm starving is that natural for me to feel right now? I'm having cravings already for salty stuff can I be having those already too. Since this is my second pregnancy I have heard that I will show earlier is that true too? Will I lactate earlier too? I getting dry white stuff off my nipples but my bras aren't wet. I'm just needing some answers cause I have hardly any memory of my first pregnancy except for me being so sick I went into the hospital twice for dehydration. Is there anyone that could help me with the questions please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Every pregnancy is different. You can be perfectly fine with one and sick with the next. You may want to try taking your vitamins at night. That can help with the sick feeling. You also may show quicker. I did with my second and then even sooner with my 3rd. It is different for every woman.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 8:47 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I had all those symptoms too during my second pregnancy. It all came much earlier and with more intensity with the 2nd pregnancy as well. I did show much earlier too. I didn't really show with my 1st until I was 6 mths, but with my 2nd it was around 3 mths. I didn't lactate at all during either pregnancy, but if your bras aren't wet, your nipples just may be dry. Lansinoh (?) makes a product you can use that is for dry/cracked nipples. It works really well. You can get it at Target. Good luck!! (you're not crazy lol)
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 8:48 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Every pregnancy is different. This sounds exactly like what I went thru with my first one. So yeah it's perfectly normal. Try not to give in to the salty cravings too much, your weight will reflect it. Drink plenty of water to help rid your body of the salt. you will show sooner because your abdominal muscles have already been stretched from the first pregnancy. You don't necessarily lactate any sooner. ( I never did until after birth on all four of mine.) For now sleep if you're tired and try to find filling nutritious snacks. More B-12 may help reduce the nausea from the pre-natals, but ASK YOUR PRIMARY CARE DOCTOR about that first. It's never a good idea to just start taking something especially in the first trimester.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:49 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I'm 5 weeks too!!!
    Yeah, this is all normal... I was sick the entire time with my first, and with this one so far, not at all. If you are noticing that the vitamins are making you sick, take them at night before bed. And have several healthy snacks through out the day. That will help with the hunger.
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 10:00 AM on Mar. 22, 2010