At the risk of sounding stupid...

somebody please explain the health care reform to me. I don't think I have the whole jist of it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• You're only going to get partisan squabbling here. You're better off doing so genuine research on your own if you want straight answers.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:38 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Agreed ^^^^
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:41 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• You are probably right. I'm not looking for any of that, I just genuinely wanted to know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:41 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• In 4 years, you must have insurance that you pay for in whole or in part with part paid by your employer or you pay a fine in the form of a tax penalty every year. If you do not pay the fine you are charged with tax evasion with penalties of thousands of dollars and possible jail time. Medicare is being cut, and because tri-care for life is directly related to medicare b, tricare is also being cut. Medicare and medicaid payments to doctors and hospitals are being cut, so less doctors will accept medicare and medicaid patients. Meanwhile, the people who fall below a certain income level will be automatically enrolled on medicaid so the number of people on it will triple. 15 million people will still be uninsured. People with pre-existing conditions cannot be turned down in 4 yrs, but there is nothing in the bill limiting how much they can charge you for that insurance that you are required to buy. And payment starts now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:45 AM on Mar. 22, 2010