What are the top 5 presents to receive after having a baby?

My babies are well away from the newborn stage. In fact, I'm about 3 years off at least! My pregnancy amnesia has definitely taken over and I need help deciding on great baby gifts for a close friend who had their first baby last night. Please help!!

SuperWhit

Asked by SuperWhit at 9:36 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• 1- Diapers, wipes

2- Gift certificates

3- something for mom (pampering stuff is nice)

thats all I can think of right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• a complete, home cooked meal, delivered after they get home is nice
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 9:39 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• The best post-baby gifts I received were meals. After my twins were born several people brought us food. The home-cooked meals with plenty of left overs were the best, but even the take-out meals were greatly appreciated.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 9:43 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Does she have anyone other than her husband helping her out? If not, I would say after they are discharged from the hospital take over a casserole and salad and do a little cleaning (laundry, whatever needs it). Gift certificates for restaurants are good, too. Other than diapers and wipes, there's no telling what she still needs without asking her.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:43 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• You can't go wrong with diapers! I would ask her what she needs. A lot of new parents have that "oh crap we dont have any....." moment in the first few days home. If you go to visit them, and take a lot f pictures, you could make a photo album of the new family and give it to her, I did that for my sis-in-law, and she loved it. Clothes are always nice for the baby. I got a very nice baby blanket that had my sons name, birthdate, weight embroidered on it. If you are wanting to do something for mom, a gift certificate to a resteraunt that delivers can be nice too. Or just any gift certificate will gaurantee it is used.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 9:45 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Diaper pail
    Boppy
    Stroller
    Gift Cards
    Bath tub combo with hooded towels, soaps, wash clothes, fill er up, and a giant bow on top
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 9:45 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Hey ladies, guess I need to be more specific. We are out of state :( Horrible because I love newborn babies! For the first month it will just be mom & dad, then she is moving home due to a deployment. I would love to cook for them, but I don't think they want a 3 day old casserole that has been in a box! Keep the ideas coming!!!
    SuperWhit

Answer by SuperWhit at 9:49 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• onezies, baby bottles, someone else before me already said some other stuff..
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 9:52 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Diapers and wipes
    Newborn outfit
    Blankies
    Diaper bag filled with necessities like baby wash,lotion,powder
    Gift card to a baby store
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:01 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Okay, then. I would say restaurant gift cards, Babies R Us or Target gift cards. The things I needed/loved in the early days and even now still do: extra large receiving blankets and burp cloths made by my MIL (so if you are handy with a sewing machine...), a nursing cover, diapers, a projector/music spa thing from homedics (we put it on ocean in the early days without the projector to help her sleep at night as it sounds somewhat similar to sounds in the womb - now I use it when traveling and will use it after she is too big for the crib mobile to get her to sleep at night), a kit to do foot and hand imprints
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:04 AM on Mar. 22, 2010