Why are Democrats for the HC bill and Republicans not?

are democrats taxed differenlty or something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Democrats are built on the Progressives of the early 20th century - pro government control nanny state mentality. They believe all of us people who aren't as amazing as they are are incapable of figuring anything out and need them to tell use how to do everything from buy insurance to wipe our ass. They have a vision of a nation where they tell everyone how to live. You may have seen this previously in Orwell's 1984 or Germany's 1930's.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Don't listen to the bs above. Dems are for it because we see the need and don't mind paying more taxes if it means peoples lives will be saved. It seems tthe Pubs only care about themselves and their pocketbook.
    trippyhippy

Answer by trippyhippy at 10:00 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Because the liberals have raised the last few generations of kids to be whiny, self indulgent, babies. Having self respect and a strong work ethic is a thing of the past. Bring on the welfare and the entitlement mentality. Why work hard when you can make other people foot the bill for your poor choices. 

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:05 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• When I think of Repub's I think of money in the pocket, you do what you can with what you have, you won't get a handout, and we will just have to play the hand we're dealt . When I think of Dem's, I think of the Govt. taking money out of the working man's/woman's pocket to divide amonst the low income. Just my vision.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Dems are for it because we see the need and don't mind forcing everyone else to pay paying more taxes if it means peoples lives will be saved.

Fixed that for you.

Anonymous

• Republicans and Democrats disagree on what reform is. The Republicans who voted no voted the way their constituants who voted for them wanted them to. I wonder how many who do find out they won't have any more access for the next 4 years will still be cheering this on. Some won't see any help for nearly 9 years. That is a long time to wait for reform that everyone agrees we need now.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• In general people who work hard and fly straight wonder why their wages are confiscated by taxes to support non-workers in the same style as those who work to earn it. They wonder where is the justice in that, but they have too much pride and self-respect than to line up at the public trough and whine for handouts. Historically these people were called Republicans. Now they just call themselves shafted. Fleeced of everything they own and thrown under the bus by their own government.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• It is so ignorant say republicans have money. I am republican and so are many of my friends. We live pay check to pay check.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• *It is so ignorant say republicans have money.

Where was that said on this thread?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Because they did nothing about it for years? Because Republicans represent corporations, money, power., white supremacy, intolerance, bigotry, Me the people? Because it was not "their idea?" Who knows.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Mar. 22, 2010