3 year old and cups

Do you lewt your 3 year old have regular cups? I let my 3 1/2 yr old twin boys have reg cups. they are smaller in size. Like maybe 6 oz cups. I'm sick of the constant missing sippy cups ! plus they are a PITA to clean. They are good about putting their cups where little sis can'\t get them and never spill them. But people think I'm crazy for it.

threeeunder3

Asked by threeeunder3 at 9:43 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I work in a preschool and absolutely 3 year olds use regular cups. The toddler (1 &2 year old) teachers start teaching them to use the regular cups when they think they have the fine motor skills to use them.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 9:54 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• My 2 1/2 year old twins use regular cups unless we're in the car, so I don't think you are crazy. I do have a rule that no cups are allowed on the carpet, but this was a rule for their older sister even before they were born. I actually find that they are more careful with regular cups than they are with sippy cups, and I never find regular cups stashed in odd places.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 9:54 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• My 18 month and almost-3 year-old both get regular cups at mealtime. But they both get a sippy of water to walk around with while they're playing. If we had just the 3 year-old I may ditch the sippies altogether, but the 18 month-old still needs to be watched somewhat closely and I can't have 2 eyes on them every second. You're not crazy, though.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 10:07 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Thanks guys. i was given crap beacause on of my 3 yr olds accidentally knocked over his apple juice cup at the dinner table last night. There wasn't much elbow room with the inlaws there though LOL. I think I spill my drink more than they do. But yes, the sippys do leak .
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 10:18 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• My 3yo hasn't had a sippy cup since she was 2 1/2 and that was only in the car. She hasn't used one in the house since she turned 2 and has been drinking from a regular cup since she was 18 months.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:38 AM on Mar. 22, 2010