4 Billion to historically black colleges, rolled into the HC Bill WHY?

If the students could not get the already in place loans for low income students, they must have money- so why 4 BILLION to the colleges?

soyousay

Asked by soyousay at 9:49 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Thanks for that Anon :07, but I could've handeled the info w/o the tone. k thx. The HC portion of the bill seems complicated enough w/o an entirely different education bill tacked on. JMO.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:12 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• so not true. There are people like me, that although we were low income, my parents earned "too much" to qualify for anything, but didnt have enough to pay for college up front.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:51 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I get that, but why 4 BILLION and only to historically black colleges- aren't all races in the same boat when it comes to being "stuck in the middle" ?
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:52 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• What does aid to low income people have to do with money going to particular colleges? Your logic makes no sense.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I'm simply confused as to why ANY aid to ANY college was incorporated into a HEALTHCARE bill. Maybe I'm missing something.
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 9:56 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• The bill specifically states the money is going to historically black colleges and community colleges (Source: The Denver Post) I have no issue with more money for education, but why just one particular type of college?
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:56 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• AND Kenzie, yes, why in the HC bill?
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:57 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Maybe its time to start a "white college fund"?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Anon 51 then wait and pay for it yourself as you can afford it like other people do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Because politicians pander that's why. Those in control promise X$$$ to Y causes in exchange for Z vote (either way).

Colleges, Rats, bridges and tunnels, commodities/farmers on and on

You know this has been going on forever, right?? String are always attacked- "Special Interests" covered in exchange for a vote.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:04 AM on Mar. 22, 2010