im 21 weeks pregnant and i have been having these sharp pains on the top right side of my stomache. Does anyone else remember having them? what did you do to help them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:49 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• honestly, i think the only time i had any kind of pain it was because i was over doing it. I was working while i was pregnant until the day i went into labor. Usually if i had any kind of pain I was working too hard and i had to sit down and relax for a while, or slow down at least. But I'm not exactly sure if it was a sharp pain or what ever so I can't tell you if that is what is going on with you. Maybe you can call your OB and ask to talk to a nurse and describe the pain to her if you're worried.
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 9:55 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• i have discomfort in my upper right side, like right below my right breast. i had it bad in the 3rd trimester with my first pregnancy from my son's feet, then i started getting the same feeling in my 2nd trimester this time, my 2nd pregnancy. i do know that with gall bladder problems, you can have bad pains in that area so i made sure to mention it to my midwife and she asked me a lot of questions but in the end we thought mine was just part of pregnancy and not gall bladder related, but if you are having pains you should definitely mention it to your dr/midwife in case it is gall bladder for you. pregnancy itself increases the chances a woman will have issues with the gall bladder. gl!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 10:05 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I agree w stefanie83. I was 5 weeks preggo with my 4th when I had the same problem. I ended up being full of gallstones. It got to the point where I couldn't eat anything, even applesauce messed w my stomach. Had to have surgery at 9 wks because I was losing so much weight. Try not to eat anything fried or greasy. I tried a tablespoon of olive oil with lemon juice or warm lemon water in the morning, which might help you. In my situation the only the thing to do was have surgery. There is also a natural enzyme pill you can get at a natural food store that is safe to take pregnant that can help. I was taking those after my surgery because I still had a couple of attacks. The capsules help break down the food and makes it easier to digest. You should get an ultrasound done on your gallbladder. I remember those pains very well, you should get it checked out. They can get worse.
    Sacheen.T.

Answer by Sacheen.T. at 10:41 AM on Mar. 22, 2010