What will the cost be?

Does anyone know how much the uninsured will have to pay under this new bill? My VERY limited income barely pays the basic bills. I have NOTHING left over after paying for the necessities of life (food, water, electricity, car insurance, rent)

So what will happen to those of us that can't pay extra to support this bill? I am very worried!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• If you make less than $20,000 you can go on medicaid. Over that , it's anyones guess. See, there are no numbers. Even making between $20,000 and $80,000 when you will at some point be able to get subsidies we don't know what they will be. We don't know how much a policy in the government exchange will be and we don't know how much of a subsidy will be given. Your policy might be $5000 and they might give you half or your policy might be $8,000 and they will give you $2000. It all depends on how much you make, which plan you pick and what % the subsidy is. Also this won't go into effect for years so don't fret about it. LOL
    I can't believe some peoples blind faith in our government.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:13 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Yeah, I'm wondering if Obama is planning on giving us all pay raises to be able to afford this...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• worried about that myself
    eva123

Answer by eva123 at 10:03 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Iif you buy insurance, you will get a subsidy after you file your taxes. If you can't pay up front, you will be fined on your taxes. I guess you can always hope you are poor enough to qualify for expanded Medicaid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• You will have to pay the standard rate for a family insurance policy. Depending what part of the country you live in and the size of your that will be anywhere from $500-$1200+ per month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• So what will happen to those of us that can't pay extra to support this bill? I am very worried!

There will be a group of Americans (MIDDLE CLASS) who make too much to qualify for the expanded Medicaid and not enough to purchase the mandated Federal Government dictated and IRS enforced plan on their own..   They are essentially screwed at the hands of the Federal Government's mandated authority.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:14 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I make under $20k and I have 3 kids. I don't get medicaid. My kids do have medicaid, and I apply for myself every six months when they review our medicaid case. But every time they give it to the kids and not to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Mar. 22, 2010