• In the Spotlight:

What if a thyroid problem is dected at the end of the first trimester of pregnancy?

I am pregnant with my second child, and I just had a call from my doctor's office that my doctor wants me to come in for more bloodwork concerning my thyroid. I am already 10 weeks pregnant and have been reading that thyroid problem cause issues in the beginning of pregnancy - specifacally before week 10. Well what if it's not dected until the end of the first trimester? Should I be worried?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You are going to have to find out if you are hyper or hypo and is it just a little or way out of wack. Just because some thyroid problems can cause big problems in pregnancy doesn't mean that all thyroid problems are a big deal. You might just be a little off. do your research and ask the person who has your test results.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• if your hyper its ok. if you are hypo im not sure what they do. If you have a family history or a history yourself of having thyroid problems, then you will usually have problems with it during or after pregnancy. Good Luck.
    Fairy_Wings

Answer by Fairy_Wings at 10:13 AM on Mar. 22, 2010