Has this ever frustrated you???

you've been going through the day, accomplishing task after task. you only have a few things left to do and one is a conflict that has been a topic of discussion btween you and hubby. lets say it's taking out the trash when it's full. you're basically in the process of doing it (let's say gathering all the trash so you can go take it out all at once) and your hubby comes home and sees that the trash isn't taken out. you say "i'm sorry, i'm taking it out now." and he gets mad because you're "making excuses". you try to explain but he keeps saying "you're just making excuses, you're just making excuses". URGH!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:12 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in Relationships

• Sorry but i'd say F YOU!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• he's a man tell him to take it out
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• If he doesn't like the way you do it, let it sit their till he gets off his ass and does it.
    SouthernTnMomma

Answer by SouthernTnMomma at 10:48 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I'd tell him F**K OFF!! If he's so worried about, then he can do it himself!!! I wouldn't make excuses anyway..my dh knows that I'm not a maid. We've had this issue over dishes, but I just told him flat-out "you want them done at a certain time...DO THEM YOURSELF". So..he does. LOL
    offrdngal

Answer by offrdngal at 10:55 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Yeah I have issues cause he woulda got a trash bag flying at his head! LOL. If he was gonna take it out then he should have. Dont dare get mad at me because I'm doing something u should be doing anyway.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 11:17 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• my hubby knows better then to say that he takes it out cause i cant stand the smell and ill end up getting sick and i already almost ended up in the hospital from getting so sick (but im also almost 6 months along)

before that i left it there when i was sick and tired of taking out the trash and ask him then he would do it we try also to spilt the house work inside and outside and work as a team even tho sometimes i feel i do it more then him but we also both work full time right now so thats why we try and spilt to be fair

im sorry your going through this and i do hope it gets better just tell him something like if you dont like that im working on taking out then you do it yourself ( but do in your own words )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• Yes I understand when this happens. You're accused of not doing a task because it hasn't been done. To prevent that from happening make sure you do things and get it out the way before he comes home. I've learnt that because it's difficult trying to convince some people that I really was going to do something and not yet done it. It also seems your husband wasn't in a good mood then.
    DaffodilFae

Answer by DaffodilFae at 12:05 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• you too? this happens to me all the time!
    I don't think they mean to be mean, I think they come home see things like the trash not emptied and don't understand why we didn't just take the 'few minutes' to take care of it.
    They don't understand that we were doing other things.

silly as it sounds, I started making a list and leaving it by the computer where I knew he would see it.
    Make a list of things to do then crossed them out as I did them.
    You don't HAVE to report back to the husband, but since he's not there with you during the day, how could he know what you do all day?
    Forget them just noticing much of anything- most guys don't. Know a woman who put flowers out on the table and four months later her husband was so proud of himself for noticing! :)

I just have to every once in a while give my husband a little nudge to remind him that I don't sit around all day eating bon bons!
    Anonymous

• I don't have that issue. My husband doesn't pick at me like that.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:25 PM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I simply don't think that the garbage is an issue worth fighting over. Apparently your husband does and to me, it's immature. My husband doesn't do the dishes, that's my chore. I refuse to take out the garbage no matter how full it is, that's his chore. So what is his problem exactly? That the garbage wasn't taken out before he got home?? So there is a specific time you have to do things or have them done by? No, that would not work for me at all. I'd drop the garbage right where I stood and say fine, you effing do it. If that's not the solution for you, I think the poster that said make a list of chores with the date at the top, cross off one by one the chores you do, and leave it somewhere in the open where your husband can see it. That way he can see you HAVE done things all day without you having to get into detail and feel like your are defending yourself.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 5:18 PM on Mar. 22, 2010