how am i gonna handle a 2 year old and a new born baby

all at the same time my son is a handle now and he ain;t even two yet he will turn 2 on aug.31st and my new baby boy is due aug.27th their gonna be very close but yea me and my boyfriend live together but hes always workin all the time tho. and no if anyone wants to kno he is not hte father to my 1 year old son but he is he only one he knows been with him since jeremy was 6 months old! help me tips somethin

jessica_2010

Asked by jessica_2010 at 10:13 AM on Mar. 22, 2010 in General Parenting

• You got me... I am 31 and have been with my husband for 13 years and we have a 2-1/2 year old and we aren't pregnant cause I know that would be WAY too much for me to handle.. ugh.. good luck. I am sure you'll figure it out!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:18 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• you are exactly where i was about 10 months ago. my boy was two and i had my 2nd kid in may, my husband is father to my 2nd kid but not to my 1st kid and he was there for him sense he was 9 months old. i was worried too, but you'll fall into it when the baby comes. the one tip that i have for you is to keep your cool cause it will get frustrating but what else can you do? try introducing your oldest to other activities that s/he can do on her/his own like coloring. and ash her/him to help out. like getting diapers or a pacifier. it'll be ok, just take it one day at a time
    khmymommi

Answer by khmymommi at 10:22 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I had a 2yo and a newborn AND a 1yo. You just muddle through one day at a time. When I brought my 3rd child home my other kids were 13 months and 28 months. It wasn't that bad and I got no help. My husband was back to work when she was 2 weeks old and I was on my own (I also had a c-section). No one ever helped me with anything.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:23 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I have a 3 year old and a 14 month old and the only thing that really keeps me sane is a schedule. They are on the same one and so it really helps when you need a break! And I know what you mean about having a husband that works all the time! We went through our 1st deployment 2 weeks after our second was born!!! Its going to be hard but you can do it!! Hth
    lovie04256

Answer by lovie04256 at 10:28 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I have a 4 year old, a 2 year old, and a 7 week old. Honestly for me I felt like having 1 was the hardest, we were so bored and he would scream all the time. My son loved my daughter when she was born, and now they both love the new baby. The biggest problem I have is them waking him up when he's trying to nap and they decide it's a good time to try to hug him and touching his face constantly, but he hasn't gotten sick. My babies have all been born late fall or winter so it was also difficult that I couldn't take the older kid(s) outside much, but you shouldn't have that problem in August, unless it's too hot maybe. I don't know, every situation is different, but for me I found it to be easier than I expected.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 10:32 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• My daughter turned 2 a couple months before I had my son...my husband worked alot so I was alone...and actually my daughter helped me -- I had a c-section and had really bad pnemonia (sp) , I was miserable....... but my daughter would bring me diapers and hand me things I couldnt bend down to get.......
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:45 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• My older two are 22 months apart...for me it was a breeze! My oldest had this strong sense of independence from day 1 though. So she was happy to play by herself while I fed the baby, I let her help bring diapers or wipes (she LOVED helping!), and if I were doing dishes and the baby woke up she'd come say "mommy...beebee wake up!". I just made sure they were both in bed around the same time, and I spent time with my oldest while the baby napped. We took walks together...which was a stress relief for me, and my oldest loved the journey outside the house. It can be difficult at first, but you manage. No matter how bleek things seem during late night feedings, hazy days, and diapers, it DOES pass, and a lot quicker than you'd imagine.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 10:52 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• You will adjust and do just fine. It seems scary but you can do it. I have 4 with my 5th on the way. You just adapt.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 11:29 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• I had a 13month old and a newborn. Now we're pregnant with #3. I'll have a 3 1/2 yr old, a 2 1/2 yr old and a Newborn. There are good days and bad days. Take it one day at a time!!
    ammil87

Answer by ammil87 at 11:36 AM on Mar. 22, 2010

• You will be fine! You can do it! I had my first when I was 16 and the second when I was 18. They are 21 months apart. When I brought home my second, I let my eldest be involved with the baby. He brought me things and sat next to me when I feed the baby. I think that made it easier because there was no jealousy and he was my helper! The hardest part for me is when the second got mobile. Then they were all over the place! But I made it through one day at a time. I had to keep an eagle eye on them because they got into everything. Having planned activities helps! I sure do miss those days alot. Enjoy them while they last! My boys are 19 & 17 now. I have since had 3 girls and I am enjoying every second of their childhood.
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 11:45 AM on Mar. 22, 2010